|Secretary of the Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Central Military Commission|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Du Jincai|
|Born||February 1958 (age 63)|
Wugong County, Shaanxi, China
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Service/branch||People's Liberation Army Rocket Force|
|Years of service||?–present|
Zhang Shengmin (Chinese: 张升民; born February 1958) is a general of the Chinese People's Liberation Army Rocket Force. He is a member of the Central Military Commission (CMC) and Secretary of the CMC Commission for Discipline Inspection. He is also a Deputy Secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, the top anti-corruption body of China.
Zhang Shengmin was born in 1958; his ancestral home is in Wugong County, Shaanxi Province.
Zhang Shengmin spent most his career as a political commissar in the People's Liberation Army Rocket Force (formerly the Second Artillery Force). He served as Political Commissar of the Second Artillery Force Command Academy, and then of a missile base of the Second Artillery Force.
In 2010, when he was posted at a military base in Northwest China, he led more than 1,000 troops in the reconstruction work immediately after the 2010 Yushu earthquake in Qinghai Province. His unit helped to build emergency living quarters for the monks at the Changu Monastery (禅古寺), the largest Kagyu Tibetan Buddhist temple in Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
In January 2017, Zhang was appointed Secretary of Commission for Discipline Inspection of the Central Military Commission. He replaced General Du Jincai, who was closely associated with the former CMC vice-chairmen Guo Boxiong and Xu Caihou, both of whom had been investigated for corruption.
During the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China in October 2017, Zhang was elected a member of the 19th Central Committee. He was also made one of the four members of the Central Military Commission and one of the eight deputy secretaries of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection, which is in charge of investigating corruption by Communist Party members. A week later, on 2 November 2017, Zhang was promoted to the rank of general (shang jiang) by President Xi Jinping.
- "履历不凡 新晋上将两年三履新 曾是"打虎干将"刘源继任者" (in zh). CCTV. 3 November 2017. http://news.cctv.com/2017/11/03/ARTIHR571MQxblh92dkQu8nP171103.shtml.
- Zi Yang (23 September 2017). "Rocket Force gaining power in China’s army-dominated PLA". Asia Times. http://www.atimes.com/article/rocket-force-gaining-power-chinas-army-dominated-pla/.
- "中国共产党第十九届中央委员会第一次全体会议公报" (in zh). Xinhua. 25 October 2017. http://news.xinhuanet.com/politics/19cpcnc/2017-10/25/c_1121853954.htm.
- "Zhang Shengmin". China Vitae. http://www.chinavitae.com/biography/Zhang_Shengmin. Retrieved 14 November 2017.
- "习近平向新晋上将张升民颁命令状" (in zh). Phoenix Media. 2 November 2017. http://news.ifeng.com/a/20171102/52916966_0.shtml.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|