The following Confederate States Army units and commanders fought in the Battle of Wilson's Creek of the American Civil War, fought on August 10, 1861 near Springfield, Missouri. Though identified with the Confederates, the Missouri State Guard were technically an independent army, as Missouri had not yet seceded, and were not folded into the Confederate Army of the West until March 17, 1862.
The Union order of battle is shown separately.
- k = killed
- w = wounded
Confederate Forces at Wilson’s Creek
BG Benjamin McCulloch
|Brigade||Regiments and Others|
|Pearce’s Division, Arkansas Sate Troops||
Missouri State Guard
MG Sterling Price (w)
|Division||Brigade||Regiments and Others|
Col Richard Hanson Weightman (k)
Col James Cawthorn
|Third Division||commanded directly||
|Fourth Division||commanded directly||
BG Mosby M. Parsons
|Seventh Division||commanded directly||
- McIntosh acted as McCulloch's adjutant and second-in-command during the battle, and exercised command of the brigade while McCulloch commanded the army. See Piston & Hatcher, p. 214.
- Embry exercised tactical command of the regiment during the battle. See Piston & Hatcher, p. 214.
- Rector was Pearce's adjutant general and took command of the 4th Arkansas after Walker fell ill on August 10 (Piston & Hatcher, p. 208).
- While scouting for a position to place his battery, Guibor was cut off behind Union lines during the remainder of the battle (Piston & Hatcher, pp. 240–241).
- Brooksher, William Riley. Bloody Hill: The Civil War Battle of Wilson’s Creek (Washington: Brassey’s, Inc.), 2000. ISBN 1-57488-205-8
- Piston, William Garrett & Richard W. Hatcher, III. Wilson's Creek: The Second Battle of the Civil War and the Men Who Fought It (Chapel Hill, NC: The University of North Carolina Press), 2003. ISBN 0-8078-5575-8
- Missouri in the American Civil War
- List of Arkansas Civil War Confederate units
- Arkansas Militia in the Civil War
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|