|Born||November 7, 1911|
|Died||12 March 1944(aged 32)|
|Place of birth||Lüdenscheid, Germany|
|Place of death||field hospital Dorpat, Eastern Front|
|Years of service||1939–1944|
|Rank||Sturmbannführer and Major of Polizei|
|Unit||4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division|
|Battles/wars||World War II|
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
German Cross in Gold
Iron Cross 1st Class
Iron Cross 2nd Class
Tank Destruction Badge
Wilhelm Dietrich (7 November 1911 – 12 March 1944) was a Sturmbannführer (Major) and Major of Polizei in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, which was awarded to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II.
Wilhelm Dietrich was the commander of the I.Battalion, 1st SS Polizei Schutzen Regiment, 4th SS Polizei Panzergrenadier Division on 15 October 1942, when serving on the Eastern Front. Prior to winning the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross he had been awarded the Iron Cross 2nd class in June 1940, 1st class in January 1941 and the German Cross in Gold in September 1942.
He was killed in action on the 12 March 1944.
- Florian Berger (2004), Ritterkreuzträger mit Nahkampfspange in Gold, ISBN 3-9501307-3-X
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer. Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas, 2000. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Huseman, Friedrich. In Good Faith: The History of 4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division: Volume 1, 1939-1943. Winnipeg, Canada: J.J. Fedorowicz, 2003 ISBN 0-921991-74-6
- Mitcham, Jr.Samuel, Retreat to the Reich, Stackpole books 2007. ISBN 0-8117-3384-X
- Henschler Henri & Fay Will, Armor Battles of the Waffen-SS, 1943-45 Stackpole Books, 2003. ISBN 0-8117-2905-2