|Werner Rudolf Alfred Fedor von Bercken|
|Born||8 February 1897|
|Died||29 February 1976(aged 79)|
|Place of birth||Oppeln|
|Place of death||Röttgen|
German Empire (to 1918)|
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–1945|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Werner Rudolf Alfred Fedor von Bercken (8 February 1897 – 29 February 1976) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Werner von Bercken was captured by the Red Army in 1945 and was held until 1955.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (12 March 1915)
- 1st Class (7 November 1916)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Sudetenland Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 October 1939)
- 1st Class (25 June 1941)
- Eastern Front Medal (4 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (1 June 1944)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 23 October 1944 as Generalleutnant and commander of 102. Infanterie-Division 
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (10 December 1943)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 110.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
General der Infanterie Otto Hitzfeld
|Commander of 102. Infanterie-Division
5 November 1943 - March 1945
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|