Weapons engineering is a field relating to the design, development, testing and lifecycle management of military weapon systems. This field of engineering draws on the knowledge of several more traditional engineering fields including mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics, electro-optics, materials engineering, and chemical engineering.
Within most English language Navies, the term weapons engineering is expanded to include those engineers and technicians responsible for the expert repair, maintenance and operation of shipboard weapon systems.
- Royal Naval Engineers
- Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Branch
- Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
- Systems engineering
- Other types of engineering in the military
- Military engineering
- Marine engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Army engineering maintenance
- Communication Systems Engineer
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|