Valfajr is a smart torpedo system that was design and develop by Iranian experts. In 2011, it is presented by ministry of defense. The torpedo has high speed and destructive explosive warheads approximately 220 kg. Valfajr can destroy naval targets in different weather and depth. The Valfajr torpedo is a native product and build by ministry of defense. The production line of Valfajr torpedo opened by brigadier general Hossein Dehghan, Iran's defense minister, and Flotilla Admiral Habibollah Sayyari, the commander of the Iranian regular Navy, on 13 October 2015. In opening ceremony, Dehghan stated: "the torpedo is capable of destroying various marine targets including large vessels in a few seconds.
- List of military equipment manufactured in Iran
- Iranian underground missile bases
- Emad (missile)
- Ghamar (3D radar)
- Iran starts mass-production of smart torpedo. en.trend. http://en.trend.az/iran/politics/2443319.html.
- digitalnewsworld. http://www.digitalnewsworld.com/.
- Advanced torpedo of valfajr. mehrnews. http://en.mehrnews.com/.
- Line mass production of advanced torpedoes "Valfajr" opened. farsnews. http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13940721000209.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|