|United Arab Emirates Navy|
The United Arab Emirates Navy is small force of about 2,500 personnel. It maintains 12 well-equipped coastal patrol boats and eight missile boats. Although primarily concerned with coastal defense, the Navy is constructing a six-unit class of blue water corvettes in conjunction with French shipbuilder CMN. The UAE maintains a small battalion-sized marine force called the UAE Marines equipped with BMP-3 armoured personnel carriers.
Swedish shipbuilder Swede Ship Marine have built four 24 m Amphibious Troop Transport Vessel and one 25 m Fast Supply Vessel for the U.A.E Navy (delivered between 2003 and 2005). Three additional vessels are being built by Swede Ship Marine for the U.A.E Navy (see Future Navy).
- 3 Abu-Dhabi class corvettes: Abu Dhabi, Ghantut and Salalah - 1,650 tons, 88.40 meters length - 4 x MM40 Block 3 Exocet anti-ship missiles, 1x Otobreda 76 mm Super Rapid gun, 2 x remote controlled 30mm guns.
- 6 Baynunah corvettes - 930 tons - 8 x MM40 Block 3 Exocet anti-ship missiles, 8 RIM-162C ESSM, 8 RAM SAM, 1x Otobreda 76 mm Super Rapid gun, 1 AS-565 helo
- 2 Muray-Jib (Lürssen 62) corvettes - 630 tons full load / 63 meters length - 8 MM-40 SSM, 1X8 Crotale SAM - 1x76mm and 1x30mm gun — commissioned 1990-1 - SA 316 Helicopter 
- 6 Ban-Yas (Lürssen TNC-45)TNC 45 fast attack craft - 260 tons full load / 44.9 meters length - 4 MM-40 Block III SSM - 1x76mm and 2x40mm guns — commissioned 1980-1 - will be upgraded to Mubarraz class
- 2 Mubarraz class fast attack craft - 260 tons full load / 44.9 meters length - 4 MM-40 SSM - 1x6 Mistral SAM - 1x76mm and 2x40mm guns — commissioned 1990
- 6 Ardhana class patrol craft - 175 tons full load — commissioned 1975-6
- 20 patrol boats fast 4 tons
- 2 Type-332 Frankenthal class minehunter MHC
- 7 LCT landing craft tank
- 5 LCU Landing Craft Utility
- 4 LCP
- 12 Ghannatha Phase I class fast attack landing crafts — will be upgraded to Gnannatha Phase II class 
- 4 other ships
4 Falaj 2 class patrol vessel on order, 2 being fitted out - 550tons - 2 MM-40 Exocets - 6 Mica VL SAM
One 26 m Offshore Patrol Vessel, one 24 m Amphibious Troop Transport Vessel and one 24 m Patrol Vessel is under construction for the U.A.E Navy.
- IISS 2009 The Military Balance 2010
- United Arab Emirates (06/07)
- http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Security-Industry/2009/08/19/Fincantieri-to-build-UAE-corvette/UPI-67531250706880/ Business News
- http://www.fincantieri.com/CMS/Data/prodotti/000484.aspx?cms640909ff=5e6811e78f46405db9206ac07bfd9b07&menu_key=dd7f202c&CMSKEY_categoria=VESSEL&CMSKEY_tipo=Corvette&CMSKEY_armatore=&CMSKEY_anno=&CMSKEY_sottotitolo= Fincantieri Web Site
- http://www.difesa.it/Primo_Piano/Pagine/Italia_Emirati.aspx Italian Ministry of Defense
- "Abu Dhabi class ASW Corvette - UAE Navy(navy recognition)". February 13, 2013. http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=884.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|