|Type 022 missile boat|
|Builders:||Hudong-Zhonghua Shipbuilding, Shanghai|
|Operators:||People's Liberation Army Navy|
|Cost:||Estimates vary from $14.3 million to $50 million|
|General characteristics ?|
|Class & type:||?|
|Displacement:||220 long tons (224 t) full load|
|Length:||42.6 m (139 ft 9 in)|
|Beam:||12.2 m (40 ft 0 in)|
|Draught:||1.5 m (4 ft 11 in)|
|Depth of hold:||?|
|Propulsion:||2 diesel engines @ 6,865 hp (5,119 kW) with 4 waterjet propulsors by MARI|
|Speed:||36 knots (67 km/h; 41 mph)|
|Boats & landing |
|Sensors and |
Surface search radar: 1 Type 362|
Navigational radar: 1
Electro-optics: HEOS 300
• Anti-ship missiles: 8 C-801/802/803 in friction stir welded aluminium missile launch containers or|
• Land-attack missiles: 8 Hongniao missile-2 long range land attack cruise missiles.
• Surface-to-air missiles: FLS-1 surface-to-air launcher with 12 QW class MANPAD missiles
• 1 × licensed copy of KBP AO-18 6-barrel 30 mm gun (AK-630) by ZEERI
|Notes:||Details remain speculative, very quiet as powered by jet repulsion (rather than propellers)|
The Type 022 (NATO designation: Houbei class) missile boat is a ship class in the Chinese People's Liberation Army Navy. The first boat was launched in April 2004 by the Hudong-Zhonghua Shipyard at Shanghai. The boats incorporate stealth features and are based off an Australian-designed wave-piercing catamaran hulls that are more stable than other fast missile craft in high sea conditions. Approximately 83 of these missile boats are currently in service with three flotillas having been produced over a span of seven years.
The Houbei class fast attack craft are China's entry into a growing list of missile-armed attack craft which include Finland's Hamina class missile boat, and Norway's Skjold class patrol boat. The Australian AMD cataraman design may mean as much as a 50% reduction in vessel speed penalty in high sea conditions (in which monohulls may only perform at half or less of their maximum capability). Further, seasickness and disorientation is significantly reduced, improving the combat readiness/situational awareness of the small-craft operators during such conditions.
In addition to the stealthy polygonal-designed superstructure with its stealthy gun mount, the Houbei has an advanced C4 datalink that may represent some kind of capability to allow AWACS planes or other ships to vector the Type 22's missiles.
- Skjold class patrol boat
- Hamina class missile boat
- Roussen Class fast attack craft
- Type 021 class missile boat
- Axe, David (August 4, 2011). "China Builds Fleet of Small Warships While U.S. Drifts". Wired.com. http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/08/china-builds-warships/2/. Retrieved 2012-02-04.
- Catamarans Glide Through Chinese Waters
- Fred Delany, Stephan W Kallee, Mike J Russell: Friction Stir Welding of Aluminium Ships, Paper presented at 2007 International Forum on Welding Technologies in the Shipping Industry (IFWT). Held in conjunction with the Beijing Essen Welding and Cutting Fair in Shanghai, 16–19 June 2007.
- "HN-2". http://www.missilethreat.com/cruise/id.54/cruise_detail.asp.
- Watts, Anthony J. Jane's Warship Recognition Guide. ISBN 978-0-06-084992-4
- Houbei Class (Type 022) Fast Attack Craft
- IDEX 2007 Showcases China’s Productive Weapons Sector
- 武汉华之洋光电系统有限责任公司/Wuhan Naval Electro-Optics Company
- AMD Marine Consulting AMD350PB Design
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|