|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives for the 39th district|
1960 – December 1974
|Born||(1924-04-12)April 12, 1924|
Chicago, Illinois, United States
|Died||April 4, 2017(2017-04-04) (aged 92)|
|Relations||Tobias Barry Sr. (father)|
Tobias G. Barry, Jr. (April 12, 1924 – April 4, 2017) was an American politician in the state of Illinois.
Barry was born in Chicago, the son of Tobias Barry, Sr., who also served in the Illinois House. A lawyer, he served in the Illinois House of Representatives as a Democratic member from 1960 to 1974. He is an alumnus of St. Bede Academy, LaSalle-Peru-Oglesby (LPO) Junior College, Marquette University, and the University of Notre Dame. Barry was admitted to the Illinois bar in 1952 and practiced law in Ladd, Illinois where he also lived. He served overseas with the United States Navy during World War II. In 1974 he resigned his seat to become an Appellate Judge on the Third Judicial Court. He retired from the bench in 1994. In 2001, he was appointed as one of the commissioners of the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission (ARDC). In 2002, Barry was appointed to serve on the Illinois Appellate Court for a second time for two years. He is married with four children. He retired from law practice in 2006. A section of Interstate 39 is named in his honor.
- "Tobias "Toby" Barry". Hurst Funeral Homes. http://www.hurstfuneralhomes.com/notices/TobiasToby-Barry. Retrieved 7 May 2017.
- "Illinois blue book, 1971-1972". http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/compoundobject/collection/bb/id/34234/rec/8. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "For Immediate Release December 20, 2001 TOBIAS G. BARRY NAMED COMMISSIONER OF THE ARDC". http://www.state.il.us/court/media/PressRel/2001/122001.pdf. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Illinois Supreme Court Returns Tobias Barry to Appellate Bench". state.il.us. http://www.state.il.us/court/media/PressRel/2002/110402c.pdf. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Illinois Appellate Court - Third District - Judge Tobias Barry". slimefest.com. http://slimefest.com/TobiasBarry/ThirdACJ/..%5Cindex.htm. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "http://scholarship.law.nd.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1027&context=nd_lawyer". scholarship.law.nd.edu. http://scholarship.law.nd.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1027&context=nd_lawyer. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- "Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HJR0127". ilga.gov. http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=50&GA=94&DocTypeId=HJR&DocNum=127&GAID=8&LegID=25856&SpecSess=&Session=. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|