|Thomas L. Steffen|
|Chief Justice of the Nevada Supreme Court|
January 3, 1995 – January 5, 1997
|Preceded by||Robert E. Rose|
|Succeeded by||Miriam Shearing|
|Justice of the Nevada Supreme Court (Seat B)|
April 26, 1982 – January 5, 1997
|Preceded by||Cameron McVicar Batjer|
|Succeeded by||A. William Maupin|
|Born||July 9, 1930|
Tremonton, Utah, U.S.
|Died||September 1, 2020 (aged 90)|
Hendersonville, Tennessee, U.S.
Thomas L. Steffen (July 9, 1930 – September 1, 2020) was a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nevada from 1982 to 1997, serving as Chief Justice from 1995 to 1997. He graduated with honors from George Washington University Law School in 1964, where he began his career as a contract negotiator for the Bureau of Naval Weapons. After retirement from the Supreme Court in 1997, he practiced law with the Hutchison & Steffen law firm.
Steffen was born in Tremonton, Utah and went to Bear Creek High School.
- "Thomas L. Steffen Obituary (1930 - 2020) Deseret News". https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/deseretnews/obituary.aspx?n=thomas-l-steffen&pid=196744530&fhid=4560.
- "Nevada Judicial History Database". Nevada Administrative Office of the Courts. https://nvcourts.gov/AOC/JudicialHistory/.
- "The History of the Conference of Chief Justices". Conference of Chief Justices/National Center for State Courts. 2009. https://ccj.ncsc.org/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/23370/ccj-history-61709.pdf.
- "Thomas L. Steffen". http://www.hutchlegal.com/attorneys/t-steffen/.
- The Honorable Thomas L. Steffen-obituary
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|