|Syria Revolutionaries Front|
جبهة ثوار سوريا |
Participant in the Syrian civil war
File:Syria Revolutionaries Front Logo.gif|
Logo of the SRF
Army of Mujahedeen
Syrian Armed Forces|
Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant
The Syria Revolutionaries Front is an alliance formed in December 2013 by 14 Free Syrian Army (FSA) brigades as a response to the Islamist Islamic Front merger. The name of the group has also been translated as the Syrian Rebel Front. Following various clashes, the Islamic Front and the Syrian Revolutionaries Front have agreed to reconcile. The coalition is spearheaded by Jamal Maarouf, head of the Syria Martyrs Brigade, a member of the SRF based in Jabal al-Zawiya, Idlib. The group has supported the Geneva II Middle East peace conference that is aimed at resolving the Syrian civil war.
- Idlib Military Council
- Syrian Martyrs' Brigade
- Ahrar al-Zawia Brigades
- Ansar Brigades
- Coming Victory Brigades
- Seventh Division
- Ninth Division of Aleppo
- Farouq al-Shamal Battalions
- Ghab Wolves Brigade
- Idlib Martyrs' Brigade
- Ahrar al-Shamal Brigade
- Riyad al-Salehin Battalions of Damascus
- Farouq Battalions of Hama
- Special Assignments Regiment of Damascus
- "FSA alliance pushes back against Islamic Front". The Daily Star. 17 December 2013. http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2013/Dec-17/241361-fsa-alliance-pushes-back-against-islamic-front.ashx. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Al Qaida rebels leave mass grave behind as they desert base in Syria". McClatchy. 6 January 2014. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/01/06/213669/al-qaida-rebels-leave-mass-grave.html. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "New Syria rebel alliance declares war on Al Qaida". AFP. 4 January 2014. http://gulfnews.com/news/region/syria/new-syria-rebel-alliance-declares-war-on-al-qaida-1.1273670. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Syria rebels unite and launch new revolt, against jihadists". AFP. 4 January 2014. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014. http://web.archive.org/web/20140104223644/http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iBiqK22imjhxK_n7xBbQceWLU-7w?docId=a3877bbc-2d91-4961-bc3c-b28f5082ea89. Retrieved 5 January 2014.
- "Syria: New Rebel Alliance to Rival Islamists". Arutz Sheva. 17 December 2013. http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/175251. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "FSA, Islamist factions pledge to reconcile". The Daily Star. 18 December 2013. http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2013/Dec-17/241361-fsa-alliance-pushes-back-against-islamic-front.ashx. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Syrian rebels try to agree peace talks stance in Turkey". Reuters. 18 January 2014. http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Jan-18/244483-syrian-opposition-meet-over-peace-conference.ashx. Retrieved 19 March 2014.
- Lund, Aron (13 December 2013). "The Syria Revolutionaries’ Front". Carnegie Middle East Center. http://carnegie-mec.org/syriaincrisis/?fa=53910. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|