|Part of Sahyadri Hill Range|
|Pune district, Maharashtra|
Shrivardhan Fort.(sunday 19-9-2010)..JPG|
|Government of India|
Shrivardhan Fort is one of the two hill forts that constitute the Rajmachi fortification, the other being Manaranjan Fort. It is located in Rajmachi village which 8.5 km from Lonavala in the Sahyadris mountain range. At 900 m(3000 feet) above sea level it was the taller of the two peaks and was named after Shrivardhan Ganpatrao Patwardhan. Other than a rampart there is no visible construction. It was probably used at a watchtower for the Sahyadri region. There are two water tanks at the top of the hill but one of them has an iron pillar in it.
How to reach
There are two ways to reach the fort 1) Lonavla Tungarli way- It is an easy path which takes about 1 hour to reach the base village Udhewadi 2) Karjat-kondivade way- it requires a trekking up the hill for 2-hour. This route passes through dense forest area through the Ulhas river valley.
- List of forts in Maharashtra
- List of forts in India
- Shivaji Maharaj
- Marathi people
- List of Maratha dynasties and states
- Maratha War of Independence
- Battles involving the Maratha Empire
- Maratha Army
- Maratha titles
- Military history of India
- List of people involved in the Maratha Empire
- Kondana Caves
- "Friends of Forts". Archived from the original on 5 April 2009. https://web.archive.org/web/20090405125744/http://www.fortsofsahyadri.friendsofforts.com/list_of_maharashtraforts.htm. Retrieved 16 March 2009.
- Gunaji, Milind (2005). Offbeat Tracks in Maharashtra. Popular Prakashan. pp. 38–39. ISBN 81-7154-669-2. https://books.google.com/books?id=JIjmDLardesC&pg=PA41. Retrieved 17 March 2009.
- "राजमाची". http://trekshitiz.com/trekshitiz/marathi/Rajmachi-Trek-R-Alpha.html.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|