|SS Russell Sage|
|Career (United States)|
|Owner:||War Shipping Administration (WSA)|
|Operator:||Marine Transport Lines, Inc.|
|Ordered:||as type (EC2-S-C1) hull, MC hull 1545|
|Builder:||J.A. Jones Construction, Panama City, Florida|
|Laid down:||25 November 1943|
|Launched:||5 January 1944|
|Completed:||29 February 1944|
|Fate:||Sold for commercial use, 26 February 1947|
|Owner:||Caribbean Land & Shipping Corp, Cristóbal, Colón, Panama|
|Operator:||T. Gotaas & Co., New York City|
|Acquired:||26 February 1947|
|Operator:||D'Amico Soc. di Nav., Rome (1950–1965)|
|Operator:||Mattheos Mavridoglou, Piraeus, Greece|
|General characteristics |
|Class & type:||
|Length:||441 ft 6 in (135 m)|
|Beam:||56 ft 10.75 in (17.3419 m)|
|Draft:||27 ft 9.25 in (8.4646 m)|
|Speed:||11.5 knots (21.3 km/h)|
|Capacity:||10,800 long tons deadweight (DWT)|
SS Russell Sage was a Liberty ship built in the United States during World War II. She was named after Russell Sage, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives from New York, financier, and railroad executive.
Russell Sage was laid down on 25 November 1943, under a Maritime Commission (MARCOM) contract, MC hull 1545, by J.A. Jones Construction, Panama City, Florida; she was launched on 5 January 1944.
After going through several owners, in 1967, she was named Nikolis M and owned by Miltiades Navegaceon and sailing under a Greek flag when she stranded in Isabela de Sagua. Her wreck is located at Coordinates: .
- "Jones Construction, Panama City FL". www.ShipbuildingHistory.com. 13 October 2010. http://www.shipbuildinghistory.com/shipyards/emergencylarge/jonespanamacity.htm.
- "Liberty Ships – World War II". http://www.glynngen.com/nautical/glynn/libertyships.htm.
- Maritime Administration. "Russell Sage". Ship History Database Vessel Status Card. U.S. Department of Transportation, Maritime Administration. https://vesselhistory.marad.dot.gov/sh/ShipHistory/Detail/10628.
- Davies, James (May 2004). "Specifications (As-Built)". p. 23. http://www.ww2ships.com/acrobat/us-os-001-f-r00.pdf.
- "SS Russell Sage". http://usmaritimecommission.de/.
- "Historia del Nikolis M". http://isabeladesagua.tripod.com/barcos_mercantes.html.
- "LIBERTY SHIPS - R". http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/LibShipsR.html.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|