Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Malaysia" does not exist.
The Clan Mackinnon was a 7,373 GRT cargo ship that was built in 1945 as Empire Dunnet by William Gray & Co Ltd, West Hartlepool, Co Durham United Kingdom for the Ministry of War Transport (MoWT). She was sold into merchant service in 1946 and renamed Clan Mackinnon. In 1961 she was sold to a Hong Kong company and renamed Ardross. A sale to a Panamanian owner in 1963 saw her renamed Labuan Bay. She served until 1967, when she was wrecked off Borneo.
The ship was propelled by a triple expansion steam engine.
Empire Dunnet was launched on 10 July 1945 and completed in September. The United Kingdom Official Number 180086 was allocated. She was placed under the management of Common Bros Ltd, Newcastle upon Tyne.
In 1946, Empire Dunnet was sold to Clan Line Steamers Ltd and was renamed Clan Mackinnon, the third Clan Line ship to bear this name. In 1955, Clan Line was transferred to the Houston Line. In 1961, Clan Mackinnon was sold to Mullion & Co Ltd, Hong Kong, and was renamed Ardross. In 1963, she was sold to Kinabatangan Shipping SA, of Panama, and was renamed Labuan Bay.
On 20 March 1967, Labuan Bay ran aground at Bancoran Island, Borneo () and caught fire. She was refloated four days later and towed to Manila, Philippines. On 11 July, a further fire occurred. Labuan Bay was scrapped in November 1967 at Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
- Mitchell, W.H.; Sawyer, L.A. (1995). The Empire Ships. London, New York, Hamburg, Hong Kong: Lloyd's of London Press Ltd. p. not cited. ISBN 1-85044-275-4.
- "Clan Line: Clan Macbean to Clan Maclay". Brian Watson. http://www.benjidog.co.uk/allen/index_files/Page11298.htm. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "EMPIRE - D - E". Mariners. http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/EmpireD.html. Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "ON180000". Mariners. http://www.mariners-l.co.uk/ON180000.htm. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- "C.W. Cayzer & Company / Cayzer, Irvine & Company / Clan Line of Steamers Limited / Clan Line". The Ships List. http://www.theshipslist.com/ships/lines/clan.html. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|