|Response boat - Small II|
USCG 29-foot Response Boat-Small -a.jpg|
A Response boat-Small II underway
|Name:||Response boat - Small II|
|Operators:||United States Coast Guard|
|Length:||28 ft 8 inches|
|Beam:||8 ft 5 inches|
|Draft:||1 ft 8 inches|
|Range:||150 nautical miles|
|Sensors and |
The Response boat - Small II, also known as RB-S II, is a small vessel in service in the US Coast Guard. The boats perform a variety of missions such has PWCS (Ports, Waterways, and Coastal Security), law enforcement, counter narcotics operations, search and rescue, migrant interdiction, and environmental response operations.
The new design of the Response Boat-Small focuses more on crew comfort, visibility, safety and protection. To improve visibility they have 360 degree visibility, for comfort they have an ergonomic design and shock mitigating seats, and for safety and protection they are equipped with ballistic protection to provide the crew small arms protection. The boats have fore and aft gun mount for M240B machine guns. The boats can also carry a variety of small arms ranging from rifles, shotguns, and pistols. The boat is made of premium-grade 5086 aluminum alloy.
- "Station Gulfport". https://www.uscg.mil/d8/staGulfport/assets.asp. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Response Boat-Small II". https://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg9/rbs/default.asp. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Response Boat-Small II: Program Profile". https://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg9/rbs/features.asp. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "response boat - Small II". https://www.uscg.mil/hq/cg9/rbs/pdf/RBS_FS-2016.pdf. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "29 DEFIANT". http://www.metalsharkboats.com/29defiant/. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|