|IATA: none – ICAO: LLRM|
|Elevation AMSL||648 m / 2,126 ft|
Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Israel" does not exist.Location of the airport in Israel
Ramon Airbase (Hebrew: בסיס חיל-האוויר רמון (ICAO: LLRM), Basis Hayil-HaAvir Ramon, lit. Ramon Air Force Base) is an Israeli Air Force base southwest of Beersheba, near the town of Mitzpe Ramon. Also titled Kanaf 25 (Hebrew: כנף 25, lit. Wing 25), it was formerly known as Matred. It was built as the result of joint Israeli and US government funding as part of the IAF's redeployment out of its bases in the Sinai after the peninsula was handed over to Egypt following the 1978 Camp David Accords. It was constructed between 1979 and 1982 by Air Base Constructors, a joint venture of Guy F. Atkinson Company, sponsor, (San Francisco); Dillingham Corporation (Honolulu); and Nello L. Teer Company (Durham, N.C.) in association with Tippetts-Abbett-McCarthy-Stratton (New York City).
Its current commander is Col. Ziv Levi.
- 113th Squadron – operating AH-64D
- 119th Squadron – operating F-16I
- 190th Squadron – operating AH-64
- 201st Squadron – operating F-16I
- 253rd Squadron – operating F-16I
- List of airports in Israel and the occupied territories
- Gonn, Adam (2008-12-11). "Going East? The Israel Air Force and Iran". The Media Line. http://www.themedialine.org/news/news_detail.asp?NewsID=23571. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|