|IATA: none – ICAO: none|
|Operator||Royal Air Force|
|Location||Alness, Ross and Cromarty|
|Elevation AMSL||13 ft / 4 m|
Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Scotland Ross and Cromarty" does not exist.Location in Ross and Cromarty
RAF Alness was previously called RAF Invergordon until 10 February 1943.
The following units were based here at some point:
- No. 201 Squadron RAF.
- No. 209 Squadron RAF.
- No. 210 Squadron RAF.
- No. 228 Squadron RAF.
- No. 240 Squadron RAF.
- No. 4 (Coastal) Operational Training Unit RAF.
- No. 5 Flying Boat Servicing Unit.
- No. 6 Air/Sea Rescue Marine Craft Unit.
- No. 302 Ferry Training Unit.
- No. 1100 Marine Craft Unit.
- Coastal Command Flying Instructors School.
- Flying Boat Development Flight.
- Seaplane Training Squadron.
The site is now Alness Point Business Park.
- Jefford MBE, Wg Cdr C G (1988). RAF Squadrons. A comprehensive record of the movement and equipment of all RAF squadrons and their antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury: Airlife. ISBN 1-85310-053-6.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|