Philemon Malima (born 9 July 1946) is a Namibian politician and Chief of Intelligence Service of Namibia Central Intelligence Service. Malima has been a member of the Cabinet of Namibia since independence in March 1990 and have served as Minister responsible for various ministries since independence.
Early life, education and political career
Malima was born in Omandongo, in Onayena Oshikoto Region. He served as a member of Namibia National Assembly from 1990 to 2005, also as a Minister of Environment and Tourism (between 1997 and 2005). He was Minister of Defence in 1995 and 1997 after serving as a Deputy Minister of Defence from 1990 to 1995. Malima was educated at the Institute of Political Science in the then USSR. He was a political educator, military officer and diplomat of SWAPO, specifically the Representative to the USSR between 1987 and 1989.
- "New intelligence chief …". 2015-09-10. https://www.newera.com.na/2015/09/10/intelligence-chief/.
- "Expensive team" (in en). The Namibian. http://www.namibian.com.na/index.php?page=archive-read&id=138746.
- Angula, Sonja. "Geingob, spy chief butt heads - Windhoek Observer" (in en-gb). http://www.observer.com.na/index.php/business/item/7249-geingob-spy-chief-butt-heads.
- "Robbing Peter to pay Paul?". 2015-06-30. https://www.newera.com.na/2015/06/30/robbing-peter-pay-paul/.
- "Malima N. Philemon" (in en-gb). http://www.parliament.na/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=557:malima-n-philemon&catid=123&Itemid=1372.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|