1st Bn The Royal Canadian Regiment|
2 Canadian Mechanized Brigade Group
War in Afghanistan
Commander of the Order of Military Merit|
Meritorious Service Cross
Canadian Forces Decoration
Lieutenant General Peter John Devlin CMM, MSC, CD is an officer in the Canadian Army and the incoming President of Fanshawe College. He was appointed Commander of the Canadian Army effective July 2010.
Educated at the University of Western Ontario, Devlin was commissioned into The Royal Canadian Regiment, having joined the Canadian Forces in 1978. Devlin served in an operational role in Cyprus between 1984 and 1985 and in the Former Yugoslavia in 1992. In 1994, following his experiences in the Former Yugoslavia, Devlin published a report which was highly critical of the fact that the international community "had no International Peacekeeping Training Centre".
He was appointed Deputy Commanding General of III (US) Corps and Fort Hood, Texas in 2005 and deployed with the Corps to Iraq. He was Deputy Commanding General of the Multi-National Corps – Iraq from 2006 to 2008 - in that capacity he told the Washington Post that the Multi-National Force was giving "greater legitimacy to the effort here in Iraq.". In 2008 he was made Deputy Commander of the Canadian Expeditionary Force Command.
In March 2010, it was announced that Devlin would be appointed Chief of the Land Staff within the year. The change of command took place on 21 June 2010. In August 2011 Land Force Command was renamed to the Canadian Army and the title of Devlin's position was also renamed at that time.
On 6 August 2013, it was announced that Devlin will be the 5th President of Fanshawe College in London, Canada. His appointment is effective on 3 September 2013.
- Senior Officer Biography
- What's New April 11, 2010
- Devlin, P.J., An International Peacekeeping Training Centre Canadian Forces College Command & Staff Course New Horizons Paper, 1994
- Canadian General Takes Senior Command Role in Iraq Article by Jon Elmer and Anthony Fenton, January 24, 2008
- Canada to get new army boss Windsor Star, March 31, 2010
- Canadian Army To Get New Commander
- Devlin named Canada's new army chief CBC.ca, June 21, 2010
- Minister of National Defence announces Canadian Armed Forces senior promotions and appointments
- Peter Devlin named new Fanshawe College president London Free Press, 7 August 2013
|Chief of the Land Staff
(Retitled Commander of the Canadian Army from 2011)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|