|Born||May 21, 1913|
|Died||27 February 1979(aged 67)|
|Place of birth||Linz, Austria|
|Place of death||Linz, Austria|
First Austrian Republic (to 1938)|
|Years of service||1933–1945|
|Commands held||I./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 9|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Paul Ecker (21 May 1913 – 27 February 1979) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (16 November 1939)
- 1st Class (11 June 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- in Gold
- Panzer Badge in Bronze (17 July 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal (27 November 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (12 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mention in the Wehrmachtbericht (28 February 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 142.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 76.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.