In the Finnish Army, a Partiosanomalaite m/83 (Parsa) is a compact communications device for reconnaissance units. The device can send free- and limited length messages, but writing is more inconvenient than with a proper messaging device, for example for communicating fire commands two buttons need to be pressed.
Determined length messages
- 1 TUKON Fire control
- 2 KORJAUS Altering fix to match enemy movements
- 3 TUSII Fix target change
- 4 MÄÄRITÄ Determine target
- 5 KT HAV 1 Contacts with respect to target
- 6 KT HAV 2 Contacts with respect to fire control
- 7 MAALILUETTELO (Target list)
- 8 ILMOITTAUTUMINEN (Reporting/Withdraw from messaging position)
- 9 TIEDUSTELUTIETOJA (Recon data)
- 0 LIIKENTEENLASKENTA (General traffic count)
- The keyboard has 33 characters that can perform all possible functions.
- 16 character LED-display
- Transmit memory 2000 characters.
- Receive memory 8 messages or 2000 characters.
- Can send morse messages.
- Powered by 6 AA-batteries.
- Weight ~1 kg.
- Partiosanomalaite was designed and is manufactured by Nokia.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|