Panzer Kaserne (formerly Ludendorff Kaserne) is a U.S. military installation in Böblingen, Germany, part of US Army Garrison Stuttgart. The post is administered by United States Army Installation Management Command-Europe (IMCOM-Europe), a legacy from its use as an Army installation since just after World War II. Panzer also hosts the headquarters of United States Marine Corps Forces, Europe & Africa (MARFOREURAF) and various Special Operations units of the Army and Navy supporting EUCOM and AFRICOM.
Panzer Kaserne and nearby Patch Barracks were constructed for the German Army and were joined by a specially designed trail due to the weight of tank traffic. There is also a small nearby training area- unusual for a Kaserne in an urban or suburban area. The 8th Panzer Regiment was the first unit assigned to the then Ludendorff Kaserne.
Most currently assigned units are devoted to the support of U.S. European Command (EUCOM) at Patch Barracks and United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) at Kelley Barracks also located in the Stuttgart area.
- 1st Battalion, 10th Special Forces Group (Airborne)
- Naval Special Warfare Unit Two (administrative part of NSWG Two, Little Creek, VA., operationally part of SOCEUR)
- Naval Special Warfare Unit Ten (administratively part of NSWG Two, operationally part of SOCAF)
- Special Operations Command, Europe
- 554th Military Police Company, 709th Military Police Battalion, 18 Military Police Brigade, 21st Theater Sustainment Command, US Army 
- United States Marine Corps Forces, Europe
On Base Services
Panzer is host to a DODEA Elementary, middle, and high school for dependent children  and is served by nearby Alexander M. Patch American High School. The International School of Stuttgart also operates a private Pre-k to 9th Grade dual-language school in nearby Sindelfingen as ISS BaSICS. The same school has an IB K-12 school located in Stuttgart district of Degerloch.
The Exchange has opened a new main shopping center for the Stuttgart Military Community at Panzer to replace the facility at nearby Patch Barracks. The 140,000 square foot facility is organized like a mall. Panzer hosts a commissary and is also served by similar facilities at Patch and Kelley Barracks.
Panzer Kaserne is directly served by Stuttgart VVS Bus service and light rail in nearby Sindelfingen.
- Patch Barracks
- Robinson Barracks
- Kelley Barracks
- List of United States Army installations in Germany
- Panzer Hotel
- Panzer Commissary
- Panzer Kaserne PX
- Boeblingen Elementary/Middle School
- International School of Stuttgart ISS BaSICS School (Bilingual Education from Pre-K to 9th Grade) in nearby Sindelfingen.
- Home page of the US Army Garrison Stuttgart
- Official Stuttgart Military Community Newspaper
- Installation Guide for the Stuttgart Military Community
- Spouses Group for Stuttgart Military and SOFA Expatriates
- Historic Information about the Stuttgart Military Community
- Stuttgart Subjects at Toytown Germany- an English-language community website for Germany.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|