|PAF Base Faisal|
|IATA: none – ICAO: OPSF|
|Operator||Pakistan Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||N/A ft / N/A m|
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Karachi" does not exist.Location of PAF Base Faisal in Karachi, Pakistan|
PAF Base Faisal (Urdu language: پی اے ایف بیس فیصل ) is Pakistan Air Force airbase located at Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It was named after late King Faisal of Saudi Arabia. It is the site of PAF's Southern Air Command and PAF Air War College.
One of the facilities at PAF Base Faisal, the 102 Air Engineering depot, is responsible for the overhaul of turbojet engines for the PAF's fleet of Chengdu F-7. The F-7 is a type of Chinese interceptor aircraft. On 4 July 2003 a ceremony was held to celebrate the roll-out of the 10,000th turbojet engine to be overhauled at the facility. The engine overhaul workshop was also upgraded to overhaul the newer WP-13F turbojet engines of the PAF's latest F-7 model, the F-7PG.
- List of Pakistan Air Force bases
- List of airports in Pakistan
- Pakistan Air Force
- PAF Base Masroor
- PNS Mehran
- Active Bases PAF Official Website. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- "PM says ties with China to grow stronger: 10,000th engine rolls out -DAWN - Top Stories; July 4, 2003". Archives.dawn.com. 2003-07-04. http://archives.dawn.com/2003/07/04/top2.htm. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- "Leading News Resource of Pakistan". Daily Times. 2003-07-04. Archived from the original on 2013-04-16. https://archive.is/9Y0tq. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|