Oktay Yıldırım (born 1971) is a former member of Turkey's Special Warfare Department, and was a defendant in the Ergenekon trials as well as the Turkish Council of State shooting. On 5 August 2013 Yıldırım was sentenced to 33 years and 10 months. It was Yıldırım's grenades in Ümraniye which launched the Ergenekon investigation in 2007. Yıldırım was a founder in 2005 of the ultranationalist Kuvayı Milliye Derneği, and was head of its Istanbul branch.
Yıldırım was stationed in the Hasdal barracks; he was in the 6th Infantry Brigade (Turkish language: Hasdal Kışlası 6. Piyade Tugayı) from August 1999 to April 2005. He retired in 2005 due to disability.
- Today's Zaman, 5 August 2013, Long sentences for Ergenekon suspects, life for ex-army chief
- Ergenekon iddianamesi/BÖLÜM V ŞÜPHELİLERİN BİREYSEL DURUMLARI 1) ŞÜPHELİ OKTAY YILDIRIM ;
- Today's Zaman, 29 December 2009, Ergenekon suspect’s lawyer found dead in apartment entryway
- Hurriyet Daily News, 15 June 2007, Weapons cache linked to retired officers
- "Hasdal belgesi" (in Turkish). Yeni Şafak. 2008-12-18. http://yenisafak.com.tr/Gundem/?i=156937. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- Milliyet, 23 July 2008, Bombanın kilidi Tekin
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|