|No. 671 Squadron RAF|
|Active||1 January 1945 – 25 October 1945|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Part of||No. 229 Group RAF, South East Asia Command|
Latin: Vafre Ac Furtim|
(Translation: "Smart and unseen") (unofficial)
|Squadron Badge heraldry||A tiger pierced crosswise with a sword and a sabre (unofficial)|
|Squadron Codes||No code(s) known to have been used by this squadron|
671 Squadron was formed at Bikram, Patna in India as a glider squadron on 1 January 1945 by renumbering No. 669 Squadron RAF, with the intention of being used for airborne operations by South East Asia Command. It continued to train, as part of No. 344 Wing RAF, until the surrender of Japan, when it became surplus to requirements. The squadron was disbanded at Kargi Road on 25 October 1945.
The original squadron is represented today by 671 Squadron of 7 Regiment, Army Air Corps.
|January 1945||August 1945||Hadrian|
|January 1945||August 1945||de Havilland Tiger Moth||Mk.II|
|1 January 1945||9 February 1945||Bikram, Patna, Bihar|
|9 February 1945||3 April 1945||Belgaum, Belgaum district, Karnataka|
|3 April 1945||26 August 1945||Bikram, Patna, Bihar|
|26 August 1945||25 October 1945||Kargi Road, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh|
- Bowyer, Michael J.F. and John D.R. Rawlings. Squadron Codes, 1937-56. Cambridge, UK: Patrick Stephens Ltd., 1979. ISBN 0-85059-364-6.
- Day, Anthony, CM, CD. No. 671 Squadron, a Wartime History. Middle Wallop, UK: Lucraft/Museum of Army Flying, 1998.
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Flintham, Vic and Andrew Thomas. Combat Codes: A full explanation and listing of British, Commonwealth and Allied air force unit codes since 1938. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing Ltd., 2003. ISBN 1-84037-281-8.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918-1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians) Ltd., 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE, BA, RAF(Retd.). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988 (second edition 2001). ISBN 1-85310-053-6.
- Rawlings, John. Coastal, Support and Special Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Jane's Publishing Company Ltd, 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0187-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|