|No. 668 Squadron RAF|
|Active||16 November 1944 – 10 November 1945|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
|Part of||No. 229 Group RAF, South East Asia Command|
|Squadron Badge||No Badge Authorised|
|Squadron Codes||No code(s) known to have been used by this squadron|
No. 668 Squadron RAF was formed on 16 November 1944 at Calcutta, (then) British India as a glider squadron, with the intention of being used for airborne operations by South East Asia Command. It continued to train, as part of No. 343 Wing RAF, until the surrender of Japan, when it became surplus to requirements. The squadron was disbanded on 10 November 1945 at Fatehjang.
The squadron today is represented by 668 Squadron of 2 (Training) Regiment, Army Air Corps.
|February 1945||April 1945||Waco Hadrian|
|August 1945||November 1945||de Havilland Tiger Moth||Mk.II|
|16 November 1944||4 February 1945||Calcutta, Bengal, British India|
|4 February 1945||30 April 1945||Lalaghat/Rajyeswarpur, Bengal, British India|
|30 April 1945||28 June 1945||Belgaum, Karnataka, British India|
|28 June 1945||5 July 1945||Fatehjang, Punjab, British India|
|5 July 1945||21 August 1945||Upper Topa Camp, Punjab, British India|
|21 August 1945||10 November 1945||Fatehjang, Punjab, British India|
- Bowyer, Michael J.F. and John D.R. Rawlings. Squadron Codes, 1937-56. Cambridge, UK: Patrick Stephens Ltd., 1979. ISBN 0-85059-364-6.
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Flintham, Vic and Andrew Thomas. Combat Codes: A full explanation and listing of British, Commonwealth and Allied air force unit codes since 1938. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing Ltd., 2003. ISBN 1-84037-281-8.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918-1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians) Ltd., 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE, BA, RAF(Retd.). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1988 (second edition 2001). ISBN 1-85310-053-6.
- Rawlings, John. Coastal, Support and Special Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Jane's Publishing Company Ltd, 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0187-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|