|No. 667 Squadron RAF|
|Active||1 Dec 1943 – 20 Dec 1945|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
No. 70 Group RAF, Air Defense of Great Britain (1943–1944)|
No. 70 Group RAF, Fighter Command (1944–1945)
|Squadron Badge||No Badge Authorised|
|Squadron Codes||U4 (Dec 1943 – Dec 1945)|
No. 667 squadron was first formed on 1 December 1943 at RAF Gosport, Hampshire from 1662 and 1631 Flight and No. 7 Anti-Aircraft Practice Camp at RAF Shoreham, Kent for various anti-aircraft training duties. The squadron was initially equipped with Defiants and undertook target towing duties with these. It later received Hurricanes, Barracudas, Oxfords, Vengeances and Spitfires, before disbanding at Gosport on 20 December 1945.
The squadron today is represented by 667 Squadron, Development and Trials unit, Army Air Corps.
|December 1943||January 1945||Boulton Paul Defiant||Mks.I & III|
|April 1944||August 1945||Hawker Hurricane||Mks.I & IIc|
|May 1944||June 1945||Fairey Barracuda||Mk.II|
|June 1944||December 1945||Airspeed Oxford||Mks.I & II|
|October 1944||December 1945||Vultee Vengeance||Mk.IV|
|July 1945||December 1945||Supermarine Spitfire||LF.XVIe|
|1 December 1943||20 December 1945||RAF Gosport, Hampshire||Det. at RAF Shoreham, Kent|
- Bowyer, Michael J.F. and John D.R. Rawlings. Squadron Codes, 1937–56. Cambridge, UK: Patrick Stephens Ltd., 1979. ISBN 0-85059-364-6.
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Flintham, Vic and Andrew Thomas. Combat Codes: A full explanation and listing of British, Commonwealth and Allied air force unit codes since 1938. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing Ltd., 2003. ISBN 1-84037-281-8.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918–1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians) Ltd., 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE,BA,RAF (Retd). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 2001. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
- Rawlings, John D.R. Coastal, Support and Special Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Jane's Publishing Company Ltd., 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0187-5.
- Sturtivant, Ray, ISO and John Hamlin. RAF Flying Training And Support Units since 1912. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air-Britain (Historians) Ltd., 2007. ISBN 0-85130-365-X.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|