|No. 631 Squadron RAF|
|Active||1 December 1943 - 7 February 1949|
|Branch||Royal Air Force|
No. 70 Group RAF, Air Defence of Great Britain (43-44)|
No. 70 Group RAF, Fighter Command (44-49)
|Squadron Codes||6D (Dec 1943 - Feb 1949)|
The squadron was formed at RAF Towyn on 1 December 1943, from 1605 Flight and 1628 Flight for anti-aircraft co-operation duties, and operated a variety of aircraft in this role. On 10 May 1945 the squadron moved to RAF Llanbedr. It was disbanded on 11 February 1949 when redesignated No. 20 Squadron RAF.
|December 1943||February 1945||Hawker Henley||Mk.II|
|March 1944||July 1945||Hawker Hurricane||Mk.IIc|
|August 1944||July 1945||Airspeed Oxford|
|September 1944||October 1944||Miles Martinet||Mk.I|
|May 1945||May 1947||Vultee Vengeance||Mk.IV|
|June 1945||July 1945||Supermarine Spitfire||Mk.Vb|
|June 1945||February 1949||Supermarine Spitfire||Mk.XVI|
|January 1947||February 1949||Miles Martinet||Mk.I|
|August 1948||February 1949||De Havilland Vampire||F.1|
|1 December 1943||10 May 1945||RAF Towyn, Caernarfonshire, Wales||Det. at RAF Llanbedr, Gwynedd, Wales|
|10 May 1945||11 February 1949||RAF Llanbedr, Gwynedd, Wales|
- Bowyer, Michael J.F. and John D.R. Rawlings. Squadron Codes, 1937-56. Cambridge, UK: Patrick Stephens Ltd., 1979. ISBN 0-85059-364-6.
- Delve, Ken. The Source Book of the RAF. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 1994. ISBN 1-85310-451-5.
- Flintham, Vic and Andrew Thomas. Combat Codes: A full explanation and listing of British, Commonwealth and Allied air force unit codes since 1938. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing Ltd., 2003. ISBN 1-84037-281-8.
- Halley, James J. The Squadrons of the Royal Air Force & Commonwealth 1918-1988. Tonbridge, Kent, UK: Air Britain (Historians) Ltd., 1988. ISBN 0-85130-164-9.
- Jefford, Wing Commander C.G., MBE,BA,RAF (Retd). RAF Squadrons, a Comprehensive Record of the Movement and Equipment of all RAF Squadrons and their Antecedents since 1912. Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK: Airlife Publishing, 2001. ISBN 1-84037-141-2.
- Rawlings, John D.R. Coastal, Support and Special Squadrons of the RAF and their Aircraft. London: Jane's Publishing Company Ltd., 1982. ISBN 0-7106-0187-5.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|