Tamil Nadu, India
|Died||15 (aged -4–-3)-Aug-2015|
DRDO Scientist of the year Award
DRDO Path Breaking Technology Award
DRDO Performance Excellence Award
Astronautical Society of India Award
N. Prabhakar is an Indian scientist and the Chief Controller, System Analysis and Modelling Centre (SAM-C) of the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO). He graduated in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (BE) from Annamalai University and enrolled at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru from where he obtained his master's degree (ME). He pursued his research at Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy, secured a doctoral degree in Air Defence Systems and joined the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) in 1980.
Prabhakar worked at DRDO in various capacities including Project Director AD (Mission), Program Director (ASTRA) and Associate Director of Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL). He is known to have contributed to the development of Trajectory Optimization for Prithvi, AD Weapon System Design and Optimal Guidance Algorithms for Ballistic Missile Intercept Missions besides preparing the feasibility report for all Indian tactical missile programmes.
A Fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India), the Operational Research Society (UK) and the Aeronautical Society of India, Prabhakar is a recipient of three DRDO awards such as DRDO Scientist of the year Award in 2001, the Path Breaking Technology Award in 2007 and Performance Excellence Award in 2009 as well as the ASI Award from the Astronautical Society of India in 2009. The Government of India honoured him in 2015, with the award of Padma Shri, the fourth highest Indian civilian award for his contributions to Indian missile programme.
- Institution of Engineers (India)
- Operational Research Society
- Aeronautical Society of India
- Defence Research and Development Organization
- Defence Research and Development Laboratory
- Annamalai University
- Indian Institute of Science
- Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy
- Krishnan, Anantha (9 February 2014). "SAM-C to Assess DRDO Weapon Systems". http://www.newindianexpress.com/nation/SAM-C-to-Assess-DRDO-Weapon-Systems/2014/02/09/article2046318.ece. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- "Indian Defence". Indian Defence. 2015. http://indiandefence.com/threads/drdo-a-love-and-hate-relationship-that-we-share.12027/page-8. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "DRDO". DRDO. 2015. http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/English/index.jsp?pg=chiefcontrollers-Prabhakar.jsp. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Defence Engineering Watch". Defence Engineering Watch. 2015. http://defence.engineeringwatch.in/n-prabhakar/. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "DRDO Newsletter". DRDO Newsletter. 2015. http://www.drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/newsletter/2014/apr_14.pdf. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "DRDO Research Award". Press Information Bureau. 2006. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=29046. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "DRDO Award". Press Information Bureau. 2009. http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=62090. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "ASI Award". Astronautical Society of India. 2015. http://asindia.org/awardees1.aspx. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Padma Awards". Padma Awards. 2015. Archived from the original on 26 January 2015. https://www.webcitation.org/6VrWjEuo3?url=http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=114952. Retrieved 16 February 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|