|IATA: YQA – ICAO: CYQA |
– WMO: 71630
|Owner/Operator||District Municipality of Muskoka|
|Serves||District Municipality of Muskoka|
|Elevation AMSL||922 ft / 281 m|
Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 510: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/Canada Southern Ontario" does not exist.Location in Ontario
|Source: Canada Flight Supplement|
Movements from Statistics Canada.
Muskoka Airport (IATA: YQA, ICAO: CYQA) is located 4 nautical miles (7.4 km; 4.6 mi) south of Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada.
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by Nav Canada and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) on a call-out basis from the Toronto Island Airport. CBSA officers at this airport can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.
From 1942 to end of World War II, it served as a training facility for the Royal Norwegian Air Force. Known as "Little Norway", it replaced the Toronto Island Airport as their main training base in Canada. The Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) used this as an auxiliary airfield to CFB Borden during World War II.
Military use ended and the airport transferred to Department of Transport (DOT). The airport has been owned by the District Municipality of Muskoka since 1996.
During the mid 20th century the airport was an emergency landing facility for Trans Canada Airlines and the RCAF.
The airport is used by general aviation, charters and other operators:
Airlines and destinations
Charter: St. Catharines/Niagara
|Porter Airlines||Seasonal: Toronto–Billy Bishop|
|SkyLink Express||Hamilton, North Bay|
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 24 July 2014 to 0901Z 18 September 2014
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- McGrath, T.M. (1992). History of Canadian Airports (2nd ed.). Ottawa: Lugus Publications in co-operation with Transport Canada. ISBN 0-921633-11-4.
- "Porter to offer flights to Muskoka starting this summer". City News. 2019-03-25. https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/03/25/porter-muskoka-flights/.
- Official site
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Muskoka Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|