|Multinational Land Force (MLF)|
1 June 2007 – 31 December 2007|
1 June 2012 – 31 December 2012
|Type||Rapid reaction force|
|Part of||European Union Military Staff|
The MLF originated in the late 1990s, when Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi took the initiative to form a Trilateral Brigade with Slovenia and Hungary. The Italian Alpine Brigade Julia formed the core of the new battlegroup, and also provided its headquarters in Udine; the Slovenian 10th Motorized Battalion and the Hungarian 1st Light Infantry Battalion moved in with them on 5 September 2001. On 10 January 2002, the MLF was formally established, after which training exercises began.
- Volpi, Valerio (2011). Why Europe Will Not Run the 21st Century: Reflections on the Need for a New European Federation. Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. p. 155. ISBN 1443830526. https://books.google.com/books?id=wAYrBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA155. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Landstrom, Gustav (February 2007). "Enter the EU Battlegroups". EUISS. pp. 88. http://www.iss.europa.eu/uploads/media/cp097.pdf. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Bonaiuti, Chiara; Lodovisi, Achille (2010) (in it). Sicurezza, controllo e finanza. Le nuove dimensioni del mercato degli armamenti. Milan: Editoriale Jaca Book. p. 273. ISBN 8816409274. https://books.google.com/books?id=GpuaQRW1UMcC&pg=273. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Blaise Nkfunkoh Ndamnsah. "Diversity and Cultural Issues in Multinational Co-Operations: Case of the Italian-Slovenian-Hungarian Multinational Land Force (Mlf)"Battle Group"". UACES website. University Association for Contemporary European Studies. http://www.uaces.org/events/conferences/bilbao/papers/abstract.php?paper_id=59. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- "La Storia" (in it). Italian Army website. Ufficio Pubblica Informazione e Comunicazione dell'Ufficio Generale del Capo di Stato Maggiore dell'Esercito. http://www.esercito.difesa.it/organizzazione/aree-di-vertice/comando-delle-forze-operative-terrestri/Comando-Truppe-Alpine/Brigata-Alpina-Julia/Multinational-Land-Force/Pagine/La-Storia.aspx. Retrieved 9 July 2015.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|