Front side of the Medalla Militar
|Awarded by Spain|
|Eligibility||Military personnel only|
|Awarded for||Distinguished valor|
|First awarded||Rif War|
Laureate Cross of Saint Ferdinand|
(Royal and Military Order of Saint Ferdinand)
|Next (lower)||Cruz de Guerra|
The Military Medal (Spanish language: Medalla Militar ) is a high military award of Spain to recognise battlefield bravery.
The medal was established in 1918 by Alfonso XIII of Spain. Since then it is awarded to members of the Spanish military service independent of rank.
Spanish Civil War
- Emilio Mola
- Adolf Galland (Condor Legion)
- Werner Mölders (Condor Legion)
- Walter Oesau (Condor Legion)
- Wilhelm Ritter von Thoma (Condor Legion)
- Wolfram Freiherr von Richthofen (Condor Legion)
- Royal Decree 899/2001, de 27 July. BOE (14/08/01) (Spanish) Accessed December 25, 2012.
- Ministry of Defence Order /3594/2003, of December 10, by that approved rules for ordinary processing and concession of the Crosses of the Military, Naval and Aeronautical Merit, with white badge, and of the honorific mentions, the delegation of competitions in this matter, and use of representative decorations of rewards.. BOE (03/12/23). (Spanish) Accessed December 25, 2012.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|