|Medal "For the Development of Railways"|
Medal "For the Development of Railways" (obverse)
|Awarded by Russian Federation|
|Eligibility||Citizens of the Russian Federation|
|Awarded for||For contribution to the development of railways in the Russian Federation|
|Established||July 9, 2007|
|Next (higher)||Medal For Work in Agriculture|
|Next (lower)||Medal "For Merit in Space Exploration"|
Ribbon of the Medal "For the Development of Railways"
The Medal "For the Development of Railways" (Russian: Медаль «За развитие железных дорог») is a state decoration of the Russian Federation. It was established on July 9, 2007 by Presidential Decree 852.
The Medal "For the Development of Railways" is awarded to citizens for their contribution to the development of rail transport in the Russian Federation and for great contribution to training, research and other activities aimed at improving railway efficiency. The medal, as a rule, is awarded to those holding the honorary title "Honoured Transport Worker of the Russian Federation". The medal can also be awarded to foreign citizens for outstanding achievements in the development of rail transport in the Russian Federation.
The Russian Federation Order of Precedence dictates the Medal "For the Development of Railways" is to be worn on the left breast with other medals immediately after the Medal For Work in Agriculture.
The Medal "For the Development of Railways" is circular, made of a silver metal. It is 32 mm in diameter with raised rims on each side. The obverse of the medal bears an image of the first Russian steam locomotive and a modern locomotive. The reverse bears the inscription: "FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF RAILWAYS" (Russian: "ЗА РАЗВИТИЕ ЖЕЛЕЗНЫХ ДОРОГ").
The medal is suspended to a standard Russian pentagonal mount by a ring through the medal suspension loop. The mount is covered by an overlapping 24mm wide silk moiré green ribbon with 2mm stripes of silver and black at both edges.
- Awards and decorations of the Russian Federation
- Russian Railways
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of July 9, 2007 No 852" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. July 9, 2007. http://document.kremlin.ru/doc.asp?ID=040484. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of December 16, 2011 No 1631" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2011-12-16. http://graph.document.kremlin.ru/page.aspx?1593594. Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Statute of the Medal For the Development of Railways" (in Russian). Commission under the President of the Russian Federation on state awards. 2007-07-09. http://award.gov.ru/zheldor_medal.html. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Presidential Decree of 22.10.2007 N 1400 "On Medal" FOR DEVELOPMENT OF RAILWAYS"(in Russian) (HTML). Russian Gazette. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
- Presidential Decree of 09.01.2008 N 18 "On conferring state awards of the Russian Federation"(in Russian) (HTML). Russian Gazette. Retrieved 2012-02-13.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|