The Medal "For Work in Agriculture" (Russian: Медаль «За труды по сельскому хозяйству») is a state decoration of the Russian Federation aimed at recognising merit and achievement within the agro-industrial complex.
The Medal "For Work in Agriculture" was established by Presidential Decree № 335 of March 10, 2004. This decree detailed the medal's statute (award criteria) and appearance. Presidential decree № 1099 of September 7, 2010 amended the entire Russian awards system away from the distinctions of the Soviet Era, this included changes to this medal's statute.
The Medal "For Work in Agriculture" is awarded to citizens of the Russian Federation for achievements in the field of agriculture and major contributions to the development of the agro-industrial complex, in training, in research and in other activities aimed at improving the efficiency of agricultural production if previously awarded the honorary title of "Honoured Worker of Agriculture of the Russian Federation".
It may also be awarded to foreign nationals that produce agricultural products on the territory of the Russian Federation, for outstanding achievements in the development of the agro-industrial complex of the Russian Federation.
The order of precedence of the Russian Federation dictates that the Medal "For Work in Agriculture" is to be worn on the left breast with other medals and placed immediately after the Medal For Life Saving.
The Medal "For Work in Agriculture" is a 32mm in diameter silver plated circular medal with raised rims on both the obverse and reverse. The obverse bears a cross pattée, its four arms enamelled in green, at its center a bare metal medallion bearing the relief State Emblem of the Russian Federation surrounded by a wreath of corn. On the otherwise plain reverse the inscription in relief "FOR WORK IN AGRICULTURE" (Russian: "ЗА ТРУДЫ ПО СЕЛЬСКОМУ ХОЗЯЙСТВУ"), below the inscription, "№" in relief with a horizontal line for the award serial number.
The medal is suspended by a ring through the award's suspension loop to a standard Russian pentagonal mount covered with a 24mm wide green silk moiré ribbon with 1,5mm yellow stripes located 1,5mm from the edges.
Number of Medals Awarded
Below are the numbers of awards per year of the Medal "For Work in Agriculture" compiled from the site of the President of the Russian Federation:
- List of orders, decorations, and medals of the Russian Federation
- Russian Ministry of Agriculture
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of March 10, 2004 No 335" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2004-03-10. http://www.rg.ru/2004/03/13/medal.html. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 7, 2010 No 1099" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2010-09-07. http://www.rg.ru/2010/09/15/nagrady-dok.html. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Statute of the Medal "For Work in Agriculture"" (in Russian). Commission under the President of the Russian Federation on state awards. 1999-12-07. http://award.gov.ru/selhoz_medal.html. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of December 16, 2011 No 1631" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2011-12-16. http://graph.document.kremlin.ru/page.aspx?1593594. Retrieved 2012-02-16.
- Compiled from the site of the President of the Russian Federation and of the sites of the legal firms Garant, Codex and Consultants Retrieved 2012-02-16
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from [[Wikipedia:Medal "For Work in Agriculture"||Wikipedia]] (view authors).|