|Mbombe-infanteriegevegsvoertuig, Waterkloof Lugmagbasis.jpg|
Mbombe 6 anti-armour variant, armed with Ingwe missile
|Type||Armoured Infantry Combat Vehicle|
|Place of origin||South Africa|
|Weight||Curb: 17,300 kg |
Combat: 22,500 kg
|Length||7,715 mm (303.7 in)|
|Width||2,800 mm (110.2 in)|
|Height||2,549 mm (100.4 in)|
|Armor||Ballistic protection: CERN level B7 or STANAG 4569 level 3 (Crew Protection against 7.62 mm MG attacks). Flat bottom blast-protected hull, mine blast protection: STANAG 4569 Level IV and RPG (10 kg of TNT under hull), anti-tank mine. Withstand 50 kg TNT side blast.|
|Roof hatch can be installed with any armament up 30 mm gun|
|Engine||Cummins ISBe4 Turbo Diesel (336kW (450 hp) and 16000N Turbo Diesel)|
|Ground clearance||365-430 mm|
|1,000 km (620 mi)|
|Speed||110km/h (tire dependent)|
The Mbombe 6's unladen weight is 16 tonnes. Its maximum combat weight is 27 tonnes with a crew of 11. It has 6x6 wheel drive for use on different kinds of terrain. Its maximum speed is 100 km/h; its range is 700 km.
The Mbombe 6 has a 300 kW Cummins ISBe4 diesel engine and an Allison 6 speed automatic transmission.
The Mbombe 6 hull meets STANAG 4569 Level 4, which means the vehicle can withstand a 10 kg TNT blast under its hull or any wheel station. As standard, the Mbombe 6 can protect its crew against Rocket-propelled grenades, while additional modules protect against IEDs, up to 50 kg TNT at 5 metres.
- Jordan: 50 on order.
- Libya: Unknown number delivered to Libya from Jordan in 2019.
- Armoured ambulance
- Infantry fire support vehicle
- Anti-armour fire support vehicle
- "Shepard". http://www.shephard.co.uk/news/landwarfareintl/aad-2010-mbombe-brings-a-bang-to-aad/7211.
- "AAD Exhibition". http://www.aadexpo.co.za/.
- "SA Venues". http://www.sa-venues.com/events/western-cape-event-description.php?id=137.
- Army Recognition
- Army Recognition
- "Shepard". http://www.shephard.co.uk/news/7211/. [dead link]
- Engineering News
- vpo_Paramount Group (21 September 2010). "Defence Web". http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9835:paramount-unveils-mbombe-ied-protected-armoured-vehicle&Itemid=105.
- Defence Update Archived 12 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Strategic Defence Intelligence". http://www.strategicdefenceintelligence.com/article/5rAUU6CwpQQ/2010/09/22/paramount_launches_mbombe_armoured_vehicle/?prepare=print.
- Guy Martin (15 May 2014). "ADI to manufacture full range of Paramount armoured vehicles". http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34662:adi-to-manufacture-full-range-of-paramount-armoured-vehicles&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105.
- "Mbombe Armored Personnel Carrier". http://www.military-today.com/apc/mbombe.htm.
- "Jordanian armoured vehicles spotted in Libya". 28 May 2019. https://www.defenceweb.co.za/land/land-land/jordanian-armoured-vehicles-spotted-in-libya/.
- "Mbombe: Revolutionary low-profile infantry fighting vehicle". http://www.paramountgroup.com/capabilities/land/mbombe-6/.
- Chopra, Vijay (5 February 2020). "'Mobile armour will thwart Pulwama repeat'" (in en). https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/lucknow/mobile-armour-will-thwart-pulwama-repeat/articleshow/73945731.cms.
- Bhattacharyya, Shamik (2020-11-12). "Kalyani M4: Step Towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat" (in en-US). https://www.defencexp.com/kalyani-m4-step-towards-aatmanirbhar-bharat/.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Mbombe IFV.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|