|Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs|
|Assumed office |
June 23, 2021
|Deputy||Ronald E. Walters, Principal Deputy Under Secretary|
|Preceded by||Randy Reeves|
|27th Adjutant General of Montana|
April 2012 – January 2021
|Preceded by||John Walsh|
|Succeeded by||John Hronek|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Unit||Army National Guard|
Montana National Guard
Matthew T. "Matt" Quinn is an American retired military officer and government official who is the senate-confirmed Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs in the Biden administration.
Quinn earned a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from Montana State University, a Master of Business Administration from the University of Montana, and a Master of Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College.
During his career, Quinn has served in the United States Army and Army National Guard. From April 2012 to January 2021, Quinn was the 27th adjutant general of Montana, serving as commander of the Montana National Guard and director of the Montana Department of Military Affairs. On April 9, 2021, President Joe Biden announced his intent to nominate Quinn to be the Under Secretary of Veterans Affairs for Memorial Affairs. On April 19, 2021, his nomination was sent to the Senate. His nomination was reported out of the Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs, and confirmed by the full Senate on June 17, 2021. He was sworn into office on June 23, 2021 by Secretary Denis McDonough.
- "PN399 - Nomination of Matthew T. Quinn for Department of Veterans Affairs, 117th Congress (2021-2022)". 2021-05-26. https://www.congress.gov/nomination/117th-congress/399.
- "Reserve Forces Policy Board > Board Biographies > quinn". https://rfpb.defense.gov/Board-Biographies/quinn/.
- "Former Montana Adjutant General tapped to be VA undersecretary" (in en-US). 2021-04-09. https://missoulacurrent.com/government/2021/04/montana-adjutant-general/.
- "President Biden Announces his Intent to Nominate Key Members for the Department of Veterans Affairs, Department of Labor, Department of Energy, and Department of Transportation" (in en-US). 2021-04-09. https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/09/president-biden-announces-his-intent-to-nominate-key-members-for-the-department-of-veterans-affairs-department-of-labor-department-of-energy-and-department-of-transportation/.
- "Nominations Sent to the Senate", White House, April 19, 2021
- National Cemeteries @VANatCemeteries. ""Welcome to NCA Matt Quinn!"" (in en). Twitter. https://twitter.com/vanatcemeteries/status/1407749866588196868?s=21.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|