The M.40 was an all-metal equal span biplane powered by a 380 hp (283 kW) Fiat A.20 piston engine. It had a large central float with a stabilising float under each wing. The crew sat in tandem open cockpits and the M.40 was armed with one fixed and one movable 7.7mm (0.303 in) machine-guns.
Data from Illustrated Encyclopedia of Aircraft
- Crew: 2 (pilot, observer/gunner)
- Powerplant: 1 × Fiat A.20, 283 kW (380 hp)
- Maximum speed: 166 km/h (103 mph)
- List of seaplanes and amphibious aircraft
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Macchi.|
- Orbis 1985, p. 2396
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Aircraft (Part Work 1982-1985). Orbis Publishing.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|