List of Sabre and Fury units in US military identifies the aircraft models, military branches, military units, and service years. The F-86 Sabre and FJ Fury was manufactured by the North American Aviation Company. Units existed in regular USAF, air national guards, navy squadrons, and marine squadrons.
USAF F-86 Units
- Source: Baugher F-86D
Air National Guard Squadrons
- 102d, New York ANG (1957-1959)
- 104th, Massachusetts ANG (1957-1965)
- 141st, Texas ANG (1957–1960)
- 120th, Colorado ANG (1960–1961)
- 122d, Indiana ANG (1957–1960)
- 125th, Oklahoma ANG (1957–1960)
- 127th, 184th Wing Kansas ANG (1958–1961)
- 128th, Georgia ANG (1960–1961)
- 133d, New Hampshire ANG (1958–1960)
- 146th, Pennsylvania ANG (1957–1960)
- 147th, Pennsylvania ANG (1958–1961)
- 151st, Tennessee ANG (1957–1960)
- 156th, North Carolina ANG (1959–1960)
- 157th, South Carolina ANG (1958–1960)
- 159th, Florida ANG (1956–1960)
- 173d, Nebraska ANG (1957–1964)
- 181st, Indiana ANG (1957–1964)
- 182d, Texas ANG (1957–1960)
- 185th, Oklahoma ANG (1958–1961)
- 187th, Wyoming ANG (1958–1961)
- 190th, Idaho ANG (1959–1964)
- 191st, Utah ANG (1958–1961)
- 192d, Nevada ANG (1958–1961)
- 194th, California ANG (1958–1965)
- 196th, California ANG (1958–1965)
- 197th, Arizona ANG (1957–1960)
- 198th, Puerto Rico ANG (1958–1960)
- 199th, Hawaii ANG (1958–1961)
Air Force units
- 1st Fighter Interceptor Wing—F-86E
- 4th Fighter Interceptor Wing (334th, 335th, 336th Squadrons) -- F-86E, F
- 8th Fighter Bomber Wing (35th, 36th, 80th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 18th Fighter Interceptor Wing (12th, 44th, 55th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 21st Fighter Interceptor Wing (92d, 416th, 531st Squadrons)-- F-86F
- 33d Fighter Interceptor Wing (58th, 59th, 60th Squadrons) -- F-86E
- 36th Fighter Interceptor Wing (23d, 32d, 53d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 48th Fighter Interceptor Wing (492d, 493d, 494th Squadrons)-- F-86F
- 50th Fighter Bomber Wing (10th, 81st, 417th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing (16th, 25th, 39th Squadrons) -- F-86E, F
- 56th Fighter Interceptor Wing (61st, 62nd, 63rd Squadrons) -- F-86E
- 58th Fighter Interceptor Wing (69th, 310th, 311th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 81st Fighter Interceptor Wing (78th, 91st, 92d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 312th Fighter Bomber Wing (386th, 387th, 388th Squadrons) -- F-86H
- 322d Fighter Interceptor Wing (450th, 451st, 452d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 366th Fighter Interceptor Wing (389th, 390th, 391st Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 388th Fighter Interceptor Wing (561st, 562d, 563d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 406th Fighter Interceptor Wing (512th, 513th, 514st Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 450th Fighter Interceptor Wing (721st, 722d, 723d Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 474th Fighter Interceptor Wing (428th, 429th, 430th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- 479th Fighter Interceptor Wing (431st, 434th, 435th Squadrons) -- F-86F
- Source: Baugher Fury 
- FJ-3: VF-3, VF-33
- VF-173 based at Jacksonville, Florida, Sept. 1954
- FJ-3M: VA-172, VF-12, VF-62, VF-73, VF-84, VF-17.
- FJ-3D2: Guided Missile Squadron TWO / VU-8.
- FJ-3: VF-24, VF-91, VF-154, VF-191, VF-211
- FJ-3M: VF-21, VF-51, VF-121, VF-142, VF-143, VF-211.
- FJ-4B: VA-192
- USS Bennington (CVA-20) on May 8, 1955
- USS Forrestal (CV-59) on Jan. 4, 1956, VF-21
- USS Bon Homme Richard (CVA-31) 1957-58
US Marine Corps units with FJ Fury
- Baugher, Joe. "North American F-86 Sabre." American Military Aircraft, 5 November 1999. Retrieved: 10 June 2011.</ref>
- Allward, Maurice. F-86 Sabre. London: Ian Allen, 1978. ISBN 0-7110-0860-4.
- Curtis, Duncan. North American F-86 Sabre. Ramsbury, UK: Crowood, 2000. ISBN 1-86126-358-9.
- Dorr, Robert F. F-86 Sabre Jet: History of the Sabre and FJ Fury. St. Paul, Minnesota: Motorbooks International Publishers, 1993. ISBN 0-87938-748-3.
- Knaack, Marcelle Size. Encyclopedia of US Air Force Aircraft and Missile Systems, Volume 1, Post-World War Two Fighters, 1945–1973. Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History, 1978. ISBN 0-912799-59-5.
- Swanborough, F. Gordon. United States Military Aircraft Since 1909. London: Putnam, 1963. ISBN 0-87474-880-1.
- Wagner, Ray. American Combat Planes – Second Edition. New York: Doubleday and Company, 1968. ISBN 0-370-00094-3.
- Wagner, Ray. The North American Sabre. London: Macdonald, 1963. No ISBN.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|