The LXX Army Corps (German language: LXX. Armeekorps), initially known as Higher Command z. b. V. LXX (German language: Höheres Kommando z. b. V. LXX) or Höh.Kdo.70, was an army corps of the German Wehrmacht during World War II. Throughout the war, it was deployed in occupied Norway.
The Höheres Kommando z. b. V. LXX was formed on 4 May 1941 in Schröttersburg and subsequently relocated to Oslo in occupied Norway. There, it was subordinate to Armee Norwegen, which was in turn under direct control of OKW. The initial commander of the corps, called to this task on 16 April 1941, was Valentin Feurstein. Initially, the division consisted of the 69th, 163rd and 214th Infantry Divisions.
|Year||Date||Commander||Subordinate Divisions||Army||Army Group|
|1941||5 June||Valentin Feurstein||69th Infantry, 163rd Infantry, 214th Infantry||Armee Norwegen (v. Falkenhorst)||Directly under OKW|
|1 July||69th Infantry, 214th Infantry|
|7 August||69th Infantry, 214th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|11 May||69th Infantry, 214th Infantry, 280th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|5 November||214th Infantry, 280th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|1 December||214th Infantry, 269th Infantry, 280th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|7 July||Hermann Tittel|
|5 August||214th Infantry, 269th Infantry, 295th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|5 September||269th Infantry, 274th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|8 November||269th Infantry, 274th Infantry, 280th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|13 October||274th Infantry, 280th Infantry, 710th Infantry|
|31 December||274th Infantry, 280th Infantry||20th Mountain Army (Rendulic, Böhme)|
|1 March||169th Infantry, 274th Infantry, 280th Infantry|
|12 April||274th Infantry, 280th Infantry, Division z. b. V. 613|
- Valentin Feurstein, corps commander between 16 April 1941 and 22 June 1943.
- Hermann Tittel, corps commander between 22 June 1943 and the end of the war.
- Tessin, Georg (1977). "Höheres Kommando z.b.V. LXX (Höh.Kom.70) Generalkommando LXX. Armeekorps (röm. 70. AK)" (in German). Die Landstreitkräfte 31-70. Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945. 5. Osnabrück: Biblio Verlag. pp. 291. ISBN 3764810971.
- MacLean, French L. (2014). Unknown Generals - German Corps Commanders In World War II. Pickle Partners Publishing. pp. 117–120. ISBN 9781782895220.
- Tessin, Georg (1977). "Armee Norwegen" (in German). Die Landstreitkräfte: Namesverbände. Luftstreitkräfte (Fliegende Verbände). Flakeinsatz im Reich 1943-1945.. Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945. 14. Osnabrück: Biblio Verlag. pp. 168–171. ISBN 3764810971.
- Tessin, Georg (1977). "20. Gebirgs-Armee (Geb. AOK 20)" (in German). Die Landstreitkräfte 15-30. Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS im Zweiten Weltkrieg 1939-1945. 4. Osnabrück: Biblio Verlag. pp. 129–133. ISBN 3764810971.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|