|Born||March 31, 1914|
|Died||7 December 1991(aged 77)|
|Place of birth||Lohr|
|Place of death||Würzburg|
|Years of service||1935–1945|
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 689|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Kurt Bodendörfer (31 March 1914 – 7 December 1991) was a highly decorated Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (17 October 1939)
- 1st Class (31 July 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black (6 February 1942)
- in Silver (15 August 1942)
- in Gold (19 July 1943)
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze (8 November 1943)
- Infantry Assault Badge (10 December 1940)
- Eastern Front Medal (12 August 1942)
- Crimea Shield (5 October 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (1 December 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 14 February 1945 as Major and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 689
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 116.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.