|Komandarm Fedko-class oiler|
People's Liberation Army Navy
|Displacement:||35,900 tons full load|
|Propulsion:||One 10,948 hp steam turbine|
|Speed:||15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
|Range:||12,000 nautical miles (22,000 km; 14,000 mi) at 15 knots (28 km/h; 17 mph)|
|Complement:||92 (incl. 16 officers)|
|Sensors and |
|2 x Decca 1226 navigation radars|
|Armament:||Guns may be fitted in due course|
|Aircraft carried:||1 medium helicopter|
|Notes:||Cargo Capacity: 25,040 tons diesel|
The Komandarm Fedko class is a class of replenishment tankers operated by the Indian and Chinese navies. Four ships of the Komandarm Fedko class were constructed by the Soviet Union, later Russia, of which one was bought by India, one by China and two are in commercial service. INS Jyoti (meaning "light") is the largest ship in the Indian Navy.
INS Jyoti (A58) was constructed by the Admiralty Shipyard of St. Petersburg, Russia. It was built to be a Project 15966M merchant tanker, but was modified and purchased by the Indian Navy, and got commissioned on July 20, 1996. The ship was based in Bombay, where it arrived in November 2006. It is a major force multiplier in sustaining the navy's blue water operations. It can increase the range of a naval task force without tanker support from seven days and 2400 nautical miles to 50 days and 16,800 nautical miles. INS Jyoti visited Shanghai in 2003, and participated in exercises by the Indian and Singapore navies in 2010.
Ships of the class
|INS Jyoti||A58||Admiralty Shipyard, St. Petersburg||Karwar||July 20, 1996||Active|
|Qinghai-Hu||AO 885||Kherson Shipyard, Kherson||August 5, 1996||Active|
- "INS Jyoti". Surface fleet. Indian Navy. http://www.indiannavy.gov.in/naval-fleet/ins-jyoti. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Eric Wertheim (2007). Naval Institute Guide to Combat Fleets of the World (15 ed.). Naval Institute Press. p. 301. ISBN 1-59114-955-X. http://books.google.com/books?id=TJunjRvplU4C.
- "INS Jyoti". Bharat Rakshak. http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NAVY/Ships/Active/162-INS-Jyothi.html. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "A58 Jyoti". Global Security. http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/india/jyoti.htm. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "INS Jyoti's fire power to be enhanced". 28 October 2000. http://hindu.com/2000/10/28/stories/0228000f.htm. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Rai (Retd), Cmde Ranji. "Indian Navy's Aircraft Carriers and other Programmes". India Strategic. http://www.indiastrategic.in/topstories41.htm. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- "Indian warships wind up Shanghai visit". People's Daily. 14 November 2003. http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200311/14/eng20031114_128300.shtml. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "India-Singapore naval exercises begin today". The Hindu. 3 April 2010. http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article381831.ece. Retrieved 15 July 2011.
- "Operational Deployment of Eastern Fleet 2011". Past Deployments. Indian Navy. http://www.indiannavy.gov.in/node/1424. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- Wertheim, Naval Institute Guide, 301.
- Wertheim, Naval Institute Guide, 132.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|