|United States Air Force|
|Commander||Col Rick Franz|
|Vice Commander||Lt Col Duane Filkins|
|Statistics as of 2014|
The Kansas Wing of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the highest echelon of Civil Air Patrol in the state of Kansas. Kansas Wing headquarters are located in Salina, Kansas. The Kansas Wing consists of over 400 cadet and adult members at 9 locations across the state of Kansas.
The Kansas Wing performs the three missions of the Civil Air Patrol: providing emergency services; offering cadet programs for youth; and providing aerospace education for both CAP members and the general public.
The Civil Air Patrol performs search and rescue , disaster relief, humanitarian service, and Air Force support missions, as well as homeland security and counter-drug operations. The Kansas Wing responded to Moore, Oklahoma after a tornado strike by assisting local emergency management with ground team photography and aerial photography of the tornado's path.
The Civil Air Patrol provides cadet programs for youth aged 12-20 training in leadership, aerospace education, communication, and emergency services. Cadets receive training at weekly squadron meetings as well as through participating in local and wing level activities throughout the year. Cadets have the opportunity to attend encampments which provide a week of immersion training at a military installation.
The Civil Air Patrol provides aerospace education to both members of the Civil Air Patrol and the public. Education provided to members is offered through the cadet program and through specialized education to CAP pilots. Education provided to the public is offered through educational materials provided to schools and private organizations.
|KS077||77th Composite Squadron||Emporia|
|KS123||New Century Composite Squadron||Merriam|
|KS061||Lawrence Composite Squadron||Lawrence|
|KS055||Heartland Cadet Squadron||Lenexa|
|KS092||Smoky Hill Composite Squadron||Salina|
|KS034||Kansas City Composite Squadron||Shawnee|
|KS035||Topeka Eagle Composite Squadron||Topeka|
|KS802||Southeast Composite Squadron||Weir|
|KS125||Emerald City Composite Squadron||Wichita|
- "eServices, National Headquarters". Civil Air Patrol. http://www.capnhq.gov. , login required
- "Kansas Wing Civil Air Patrol". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/home.
- "2014 Statistics". http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/kansasWing_HR_23361BCFD0FF0.pdf.
- "Civil Air Patrol". http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/.
- "Emergency Services". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/ops-emergency-services.
- "Cadet Programs". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/cadet-programs.
- "Encampment". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/cadet-programs/encampment.
- "Aerospace Education". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/aerospace-education.
- "Visit A Squadron Near You". http://www.kswg.cap.gov/squadrons.
- "Civil Air Patrol Unit Directory". http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/media/cms/Unit_Directory_3449B1BF3A9EC.pdf.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|