|Joseph F. Timilty (state senator)|
|File:File:Joseph F Timilty.png|
|Member of the Massachusetts Senate|
May 3, 1972 – January 3, 1985
|Preceded by||Samuel Harmon|
|Succeeded by||William R. Keating|
|Constituency||Fifth Suffolk (1972-1974)|
Norfolk and Suffolk (1975-1984)
|Member of the Boston City Council|
|Born||October 3, 1938|
|Died||December 22, 2017 (aged 79)|
|Children||James E. Timilty|
Joseph F. Timilty (October 3, 1938 – December 22, 2017) was an American politician.
Timilty was born in Boston, Massachusetts. He was a member of the Boston City Council from 1967 to 1971 and served in the Massachusetts Senate from 1972 to 1985. Timilty was a Democrat.
Timilty's grandfather James P. Timilty was a state senator and the namesake of the James P. Timilty Middle School in Boston. His uncle Joseph F. Timilty was Boston Police Commissioner from 1936 to 1943. His son, James E. Timilty is a former State Senator and now Treasurer of Norfolk County, and his nephew, Walter Timilty, Jr. is a State Senator. His daughter, Kelly Timilty, was a member of the Massachusetts Governor's Council. His brother, Walter F. Timilty, Sr. is the Clerk of Courts in Norfolk County. Timilty went to Providence College. He served in the United States Marine Corps. He was involved with his family's laundry business and with the real estate business. Timilty also served as a teaching fellow at the John F. Kennedy School of Government. He died of cancer at his home in Canton, Massachusetts.
- 1983-1984 Public Officers of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. https://archive.org/stream/publicofficersof19831984bost#page/74/mode/2up.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1972. pp. 44. https://archive.org/stream/annualreportofbo1971bost#page/44/mode/2up.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1976. pp. 76. https://archive.org/stream/annualreportofbo1975bost#page/76/mode/2up.
- Annual Report of the Election Department. 1982. pp. 82. https://archive.org/stream/annualreportofbo1979bost#page/82/mode/2up.
- Bailey, Doug (January 28, 1993). "Timilty indicted in loan probe". https://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/access/61730563.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- "Timilty Gets Four-Month Jail Term". September 1, 1993.
- Guarino, David R. (July 6, 2001). "Fund-raising scares Timilty out of 9th District race". https://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/bostonherald/access/75032587.html?dids=75032587:75032587&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT. Retrieved 20 June 2011.
- 'Joseph Timilty, 79, former state senator who waged epic mayoral battles against Kevin White,' The Boston Globe, Bryan Marquard. December 23, 2017
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|