|Member of the Virginia Senate|
from the 13th district
|Assumed office |
January 8, 2020
|Preceded by||Dick Black|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
January 13, 2016 – January 8, 2020
|Preceded by||David Ramadan|
|Succeeded by||Suhas Subramanyam|
|Born||John Joseph Bell|
January 29, 1963 (age 59)
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
|Residence||South Riding, Virginia|
|Alma mater||Regis University|
Western New England College
George Washington University
|Committees||Commerce and Labor |
General Laws and Technology
Privileges and Elections
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1981–2007|
John Joseph Bell (born January 29, 1963) is an American politician and a retired United States Air Force officer. A Democrat, he currently serves in the Virginia Senate by representing the 13th district. From 2016 to 2020 he served as a member of the Virginia House of Delegates, representing the 87th District. Both districts are located in Loudoun County and Prince William County.
From 2016 to 2020, Bell represented the 87th District in the Virginia House of Delegates.
In August 2018, Bell announced he would run in 2019 for Virginia State Senate District 13, then represented by Republican Dick Black. Bell's announcement came with endorsements from 14 elected Democrats in Virginia, including state Attorney General Mark Herring, House of Delegates Minority Leader David Toscano, and state senator Jennifer Wexton, who was subsequently elected to U.S. Congress.
Bell won the election in November 2019, defeating Republican Loudoun County supervisor Geary Higgins in the general election.
- "Delegate John J. Bell". Virginia General Assembly. http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/house/members/members.php?id=H0275#.
- "MEET THE CANDIDATE: John Bell, Democrat for House of Delegates, 87th District". Ashburn Rising. http://ashburnrising.com/meet-the-candidate-john-bell-democrat-for-house-of-delegates-87th-district/.
- "Herring endorses Del. John Bell's state Senate candidacy" (in en). August 30, 2018. https://www.loudountimes.com/news/herring-endorses-del-john-bell-s-state-senate-candidacy/article_bc64b1e4-abc6-11e8-9fc9-d30fdf6ba728.html.
- Valerio, Mike (November 6, 2019). "Democrat John Bell wins Virginia Senate race in Loudoun, Prince William counties". WUSA. Washington, DC. https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/john-bell-wins-virginia-senate-race/65-6397f438-607a-491c-bed8-160f24a3946b.
- Greene, Renss (2018-08-27). "Del. Bell Joins Race to Unseat Black in Senate" (in en-US). https://loudounnow.com/2018/08/27/del-bell-joins-race-to-unseat-black-in-senate/.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|