|Chief Sub Editor||Jonathan Maynard|
|Features Editor||Eleanor Keymer|
|Publisher||Sean Howe, SVP, IHS Inc|
|Based in||Coulsdon, Surrey|
Jane's Defence Weekly (abbreviated as JDW) is a weekly magazine reporting on military and corporate affairs, edited by Peter Felstead. It is one of a number of military-related publications named after John F. T. Jane, an Englishman who first published Jane's All the World's Fighting Ships in 1898. It is a unit of Jane's Information Group, which was purchased by IHS in 2007. The magazine has a large circulation and is frequently cited in publications worldwide.
Jane's Defence Weekly was established in 1984 replacing the now-defunct Jane's Defence Review.
Samuel Loring Morison
In 1984, only months after the magazine was established, Jane's Defence Weekly gained worldwide attention after printing several images from an American spy satellite of the Nikolaiev 444 shipyard in the Black Sea, showing a Kiev-class aircraft carrier under construction. The images were leaked by Samuel Loring Morison, an American intelligence professional, leading to the only conviction ever passed against a US government official for giving classified information to the press.
- "Jane's Defence Weekly Editorial Team". Janes.com. http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-business/news/defence-weekly.aspx. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Business TRAC - June 2012". BPA Worldwide. June 2012. http://www.bpaww.com/Bpaww_com/HTML/business/Business%20TRAC%20June%2012.pdf. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Jane's Defence Weekly information". Aeroflight.co.uk. 19 August 2012. http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/mags/magazine-details/janes-defence-weekly-magazine.htm. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "IHS posts lower profit as costs rise". Reuters. 22 March 2012. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/22/ihs-idUSL3E8EM4HU20120322. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "IHS acquires Jane's Information Group". Bizcommunity.com. 3 July 2007. http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/15/15912.html. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- "Israel masses troops on border - World". The Sydney Morning Herald. 22 July 2006. http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/israel-plans-quick-raids/2006/07/22/1153166620716.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Knight, Will (4 August 2004). "North Korean hybrid missiles 'could threaten US'". New Scientist. http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6242-north-korean-hybrid-missiles-could-threaten-us.html. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Daily News from Korea - British Publication Warns of North Korean Missiles". Chosun Ilbo. 8 April 2004. http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2004/08/04/2004080461008.html. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Asia-Pacific | N Korea missiles 'could reach US'". BBC News. 3 August 2004. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/3531956.stm. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Soviet Agents Joined UK Missile-base Protest: magazine". Ottawa Citizen. Google News. 21 January 1986. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=S68yAAAAIBAJ&sjid=oe8FAAAAIBAJ&pg=4631,44032. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|