Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR
Obverse of the insignia for Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR
|Awarded by USSR|
|Eligibility||Citizens of the Soviet Union|
|Awarded for||Excellence in Experimental Aviation|
|Status||No longer awarded|
|Established||August 14, 1958|
|First awarded||October 7, 1959|
|Related||Honoured Test Pilot of the USSR|
The Honorary Title "Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR" (Russian: Заслуженный штурман-испытатель СССР) was a military and civilian state award of the Soviet Union established on August 14, 1958 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet № 2523-X to recognise courage and outstanding service in experimental aviation. Its statute was confirmed on August 22, 1988 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet № 9441-XI. The title ceased to be awarded following the December 1991 dissolution of the Soviet Union.
The honorary title "Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR" was awarded to military and civilian test-navigators 1st class of the civilian aircraft industry and of the Ministry of Defence of the USSR, for multiple years of creative work in the field of testing and research of new aviation technologies.
The Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR was the main conferring authority of the award based on recommendations from the Ministry of Defence of the USSR (Russian: Министерство обороны СССР) or from the Ministry of the Aviation Industry of the USSR (Russian: Министерство авиационной промышленности СССР).
The insignia "Honoured Military Test Navigator of the USSR" was worn on the right side of the chest and in the presence of other orders, placed above them. If worn with honorary titles of the Russian Federation, the latter have precedence.
The honorary title of "Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR" was a 27mm wide by 23mm high silver and nickel polygon with raised edges. At the top of the obverse, the relief inscription in three lines covered to the left "HONOURED TEST NAVIGATOR" (Russian: ЗАСЛУЖЕННЫЙ ШТУРМАН-ИСПЫТАТЕЛЬ), in the center, the gilt tombac image of a jet plane climbing diagonally towards the right its nose and tail slightly protruding over the edges, at the bottom, the relief inscription "USSR" (Russian: СССР) superimposed over a laurel branch.
The insignia was secured to a standard Soviet square mount by a silver plated ring through the suspension loop. The mount was covered by a silk moiré blue ribbon.
Recipients (partial list)
The individuals below were all recipients of the honorary title of "Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR".
- Nicholaï Stepanovich Zatsepa
- Fedor Makarovich Poptsov
- Seraphim Mitrofanovich Uvarkin
- Nikolaï Alekseevich Alferov
- Colonel Konstantin Ivanovich Malkhasyan
- Colonel Alexei Parfenovitch Bulanov
- Sergei Georgievich Dzuba
- Colonel Sergeï Petrovich Aleynikov
- Orders, decorations, and medals of the Soviet Union
- Badges and Decorations of the Soviet Union
- Soviet Air Force
- "Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR № 2523-X of August 14, 1958" (in Russian). Legal Library of the USSR. 1958-08-14. http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_5303.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR № 9441-XI of August 22, 1988" (in Russian). Legal Library of the USSR. 1988-08-22. http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_14984.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of September 7, 2010 No 1099" (in Russian). Russian Gazette. 2010-09-07. http://www.rg.ru/2010/09/15/nagrady-dok.html. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "List of recipients of the honorary title of "Honoured Test Navigator of the USSR" compiled from ru.Wikipedia". Wikipedia.
- Legal Library of the USSR
- The Commission on State Awards to the President of the Russian Federation
- The Russian Gazette
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|