Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation
File:Honored mil pilot.jpg|
Obverse of the insignia for Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation
|Awarded by Russian Federation|
|Eligibility||Citizens of the Russian Federation|
|Awarded for||Excellence in Military Aviation|
|Established||March 20, 1992|
|Related||Honoured Military Navigator of the Russian Federation|
The Honorary Title of "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" (Russian: Заслуженный военный лётчик Российской Федерации) is a state award of the Russian Federation that can trace its history to the Soviet Era. It was initially established on January 26, 1965 by Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet № 3230-VI as the honorary title of "Honoured Military Pilot of the USSR" (Russian: Заслуженный военный лётчик СССР). Following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991, the title was retained by the Law of the Russian Federation 2555-1 dated March 20, 1992 and renamed "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation".
The honorary title of "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" is awarded to members of military flying units, military agencies, military schools, military organizations and other military or federal authorities, having qualified military pilots 1st class or military pilot-instructors 1st class, for outstanding achievements in the development of aviation technology, high performance in education and training of flight personnel and long-term trouble-free flight operations in military aviation. The President of the Russian Federation is the main conferring authority of the award based on recommendations from the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation.
The insignia "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" is worn on the right side of the chest and in the presence of other orders, placed over them.
The honorary title of "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" is a 27mm wide by 23mm high silver and nickel polygon with raised edges. At the top of the obverse, the relief inscription in three lines covered to the left "HONOURED MILITARY PILOT" (Russian: ЗАСЛУЖЕННЫЙ ВОЕННЫЙ ЛËТЧИК), in the center, the gilt tombac image of a jet plane climbing diagonally towards the right its nose and tail slightly protruding over the edges, at the bottom, the relief inscription "RUSSIA" (Russian: РОССИЯ) superimposed over a laurel branch.
The insignia is secured to a standard Russian square mount by a silver plated ring through the suspension loop. The mount is covered by a silk moiré tricolour ribbon of white, blue and red.
Recipients (partial list)
- Major General Timur Avtandilovich Apakidze
- Colonel General Alexander Nikolayevich Zelin
- Colonel Igor Valentinovitch Tkachenko
- Marshal of Aviation Yevgeny Ivanovich Shaposhnikov
- Major General Pavel Vasilyevich Androsov
- Colonel General Nicholai Timofeevich Antoshkin
- Major General Aleksei Ippolitovich Bezrukikh
- Lieutenant General Ivan Ivanovich Bokhonko
- Lieutenant General Nicholaï Fedorovich Gavrilov
- Colonel Valerii Vasil'evich Grigoryev
- Colonel Viktor Viktorovich Dubovoy
- Major General Anatolii Dmitrievich Zhikharev
- Major General Igor Mikhailovich Kalugin
- Major General Igor Sergeevich Kozhin
- Major General Gennady Kuzmich Kurzenkov
- Lieutenant General Igor Vladimirovich Miroshnichenko
- Lieutenant General Valery Nikolaevich Ochirov
- Army General Viktor Alekseevich Prudnikov
- Colonel Aleksandr Vital'evich Rudykh
- Army General Vladimir Georgievich Sviridov
- Major General Alexandr Nikolaevich Harchevsky
- "Law of the Russian Federation of March 20, 1992 No 2555-1" (in Russian). Commission under the President of the Russian Federation on state awards. 1999-12-15. http://award.adm.gov.ru/doc/z2555.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR № 3230-VI of January 26, 1965" (in Russian). Legal Library of the USSR. 1965-01-26. http://www.libussr.ru/doc_ussr/usr_6189.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "Statute and description of the insignia of Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" (in Russian). Commission under the President of the Russian Federation on state awards. 1999-12-15. http://award.adm.gov.ru/zvan/zvan_10.htm. Retrieved 2012-02-21.
- "List of recipients of the honorary title of "Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation" from ru.Wikipedia". Russian Wikipedia. http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%8F:%D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BB%D1%83%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5_%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5_%D0%BB%D1%91%D1%82%D1%87%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8_%D0%A0%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%86%D0%B8%D0%B8. Retrieved 2012-05-05.
- "List of recipients of the Medal "For Construction of the Baikal-Amur Railway" compiled from en.Wikipedia". English Wikipedia.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|