Hero of Labour of the Russian Federation
Obverse of the Gold Star of Hero of Labour of the Russian Federation
|Awarded by Russian Federation|
|Eligibility||Citizens of the Russian Federation|
|Established||March 29, 2013|
|First awarded||May 1, 2013|
|Related||Hero of The Russian Federation|
Hero of Labour of the Russian Federation (Russian: Герой Труда Российской Федерации) is a state award of the Russian Federation. The title is awarded to citizens of the Russian Federation for special services in labour to the state and its people associated with the achievement of outstanding results in public, social and economic activities aimed at ensuring the welfare and prosperity of Russia. The award was established by Russian President Vladimir Putin by Presidential Decree №294 of March 29, 2013 "On establishing the Labour Hero of the Russian Federation". This award was seen as the successor of Soviet Union's Hero of Socialist Labour
The first award ceremony took place on Day of Spring and Labour of that year and included a farm machinery operator, two industrial workers, a neurosurgeon, and conductor Valery Gergiev, the world-famous star of classical music who heads the Mariinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg.
- Decree of the President of the Russian Federation № 294 of March 29, 2013
- Установлено звание Героя Труда. Администрация Президента РФ, 29.3.2013.
- Путин подписал указ об установлении звания Героя Труда Российской Федерации // РБК, 29.03.2013
- Putin restores Soviet 'Hero of Labour' title (March 29,2013) Retrieved April 3, 2013
- "Putin Hands Out First Soviet-Style Awards". RIA Novosti. http://en.rian.ru/russia/20130501/180938173/Putin-Hands-Out-First-Soviet-Style-Awards.html. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|