|Henri André Lacassagne|
Henri André Lacassagne|
19 October 1886
|Died||11 November 1916(aged 30)|
Henri André Lacassagne (19 October 1886 – 11 November 1916) was a French rugby union player. He played at scrum half for Stade Bordelais. He was capped twice for France.
Henri Lacassagne's first test was on 1 January 1906, against New Zealand.
France played its first official match in the old Parc des Princes, against New Zealand. In their tour of the British Isles, the "All Blacks" accepted a challenge for a match in Paris. After playing their second match in Swansea on 30 December, they took the ferry to Boulogne-sur-Mer, then the train to the Gare du Nord. Fatigued by their voyage, and after a three-month tour, in which they won 31 of 32 matches, they won easily by 38–8 against France in front of 3000 spectators.
Henri Lacassagne played his last test match on 5 January 1907, against the England national rugby union team.
He was on the champion team of France in 1904, 1905, 1906, 1907 and a finalist in 1908.
- Championnat de France
|Date of Final||Winner||Finalists||Score||Place of the final||Spectators|
|27 March 1904||Stade bordelais UC||Stade Français||3-0||La Faisanderie, Saint-Cloud||2,000|
|16 April 1905||Stade bordelais UC||Stade Français||12-3||Stade Sainte-Germaine, Le Bouscat||6,000|
|8 April 1906||Stade bordelais UC||Stade Français||9-0||Parc des Princes, Paris||4,000|
|24 March 1907||Stade bordelais UC||Stade Français||14-3||Stade Sainte-Germaine, Le Bouscat||12,000|
|5 April 1908||Stade Français||Stade bordelais UC||16-3||Stade Yves-du-Manoir, Colombes||10,000|
He played the first official match of the France national rugby union team in 1906, and a test match in 1907.
Notes and references
- "Compte rendu France Nouvelle-Zélande de 1906". www.stats.allblacks.com. http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/teamsheet.asp?level1=All_Blacks&Level2=ABC&MT_ID=1088. Retrieved 31 July 2009. .
- Collectif Midi olympique (2005), pg 11.
- (in French) Compte rendu France Nouvelle-Zélande de 1906 sur ffr.fr Archived 16 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine.. retrieved 31 July 2009.
- Jean-Paul Rey. "1st January1906 : Can we count on you?". In rugby-nomades.qc.ca (in fr). Archived from the original on 25 December 2008. https://web.archive.org/web/20081225015202/http://www.rugby-nomades.qc.ca/info-nomades/histoire_1906.php. Retrieved 2 August 2009. .
- (in French) Collectif Midi olympique, Cent ans de XV de France , Midi olympique, 2005, ISBN 2-9524731-0-2
- Godwin, Terry Complete Who's Who of International Rugby (Cassell, 1987, ISBN 0-7137-1838-2)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|