|Born||July 11, 1919|
|Died||16 October 1942 (aged 23)|
|Place of birth||Nordstemmen, Germany|
|Place of death||Malta|
|Years of service||1939–1942|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Golinski was born on 11 July 1919 in Nordstemmen and was posted as a Unteroffizier to 3. JG 53 in the autumn of 1941, operating over the German Bight and over Malta. He then served as a test pilot with Messerschmitt. In August 1942 Golinski joined I./JG 53 on the Eastern front. He claimed his first victory on 28 July 1942, a R-5 biplane. During August he claimed 17 victories. Golinski claimed 27 victories in September. In late September, I./JG 53 transferred to the Mediterranean.
On 16 October 1942, Golinski shot down a Spitfire. However, another Spitfire then attacked him and his Bf 109 G-2 crashed and Golinski was killed. It is thought Golinski was the victim of Canadian ace F/L HW “Wally” McLeod of No. 1435 Squadron. Golinski was posthumously awarded the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold on 5 November, and the Ritterkreuz on 30 December. “Figaro” Golinski was credited with 47 victories. He recorded 46 victories over the Eastern front, including 13 Sturmoviks.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (26 October 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (5 November 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 30 December 1942 (posthumous) as Unteroffizier and pilot in the 3./JG 53
- Obermaier 1989, p. 119.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 199.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) (in German). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches]. Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Luftwaffe Fighter Force 1941 – 1945]. Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann. ISBN 978-3-87341-065-7.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007) (in German). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives]. Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Spick, Mike (1996). Luftwaffe Fighter Aces. New York: Ivy Books. ISBN 978-0-8041-1696-1.